Sunroof - Did they make a lupo with one ?

Just wondered if anyone knows if they put sunrrofs in lupos when they were built ? Thinking of putting one in mine. Know they did the open air sunrrofs , but not sure if they made a lupo with just a standard sized sunroof ?

I think a standard sunroof was an option aswell as the open air. Although i cant ever recall seeing one with one fitted.

As for retrofitting one i inquired about a waeco sunroof retrofit not so long ago and was quoted £200 for a standard pop up type to be fitted to mine.

Yup, i have an 02 sport with a sunroof.

Adam, if you can, check the runners in the roof space are clear, mine had a piece of plastic shift and was stopping the roof from closing properly (would close, then open again). Once i'd shifted it out the way, worked fine.

I think if you pop off the panel around the sunroof dial, there's a winder and a socket to manually close it.

^ I dont think so, i was tempted to find a crash damaged Gti and give it a blast... Time consuming and no doubt expensive, i imagine finding a canvas roof second hand would be very difficult.

Mike

Mmmm... Wonder how much it would cost? Think there are too many downsides to it. Risks of leaking etc, and also, it wouldn't be big enough to justify a thread update (lol private joke)

Yeah even if you did it in 2 hours it'd still be **** ;)

Haha :) I'd do it over 4 days mate and hype it up.

Mmmm... Wonder how much it would cost? Think there are too many downsides to it. Risks of leaking etc, and also, it wouldn't be big enough to justify a thread update (lol private joke)

Haha :) I'd do it over 4 days mate and hype it up.

HA :P then deny everything you were doing, even after posting the switches on facebook and being like "no there for a friends car" ¬¬ shady character you are mr piers

HA :P then deny everything you were doing, even after posting the switches on facebook and being like "no there for a friends car" ¬¬ shady character you are mr piers

Im secretive... ;) i dont know why i am because its always a dissapointment... no matter how big i go it aint big enough... I might turn mine into a convertible and get a response of "is that it?" lol