Joti's Red GTI on Schmidt Modernlines

Joti

Well I went to get tyres on today, only to find that the fronts were not clearing the caliper - so I need some 5mm spacers.

Only place I could find where I could get them on the day was Halfords, and I didn't really want to get their spacers as they are not hub centric.

So I've ordered some Eibach ones online and need to get some longer bolts too. Rears were fine as I have 15mm spacers on there already.

So the wheels are in my garage at the moment, not on the car!

thats four days!! do you not care if i get to sleep??? lol :) I have a set of rota grids on my starlet sat on my drive ;) been thinking of trying them for a while. Guess not now! lol

Sorry, wheels won't be on now until Wednesday.

****ty eBay seller did not get the extended bolts to me for today, even though they said they mailed them first class last Thursday :(

Like a fool I braved the elements at 0730 to finally get these wheels on ;)

DSC_01581353490115861.jpg

DSC_01591353490116643.jpg

DSC_01601353490117231.jpg

DSC_01611353490117823.jpg

DSC_01621353490118409.jpg

DSC_01631353490118996.jpg

Will still be keeping my other set, and just swapping them over when I fancy a change of look..... :thumbsup:

Rota Grids are still available in the all-gold finish, but this polished lip variant is now discontinued, and it was that factor that influenced me going for them to be honest, because I like to be different ;)

Oh, and I just realised, I've owned the Lupo now for 9 months to the day!

Hope you like...... :)

Edited by Joti

I think another 10mm drop would make them sit nicer :ninja: They're farkin lush though Joti :thumbup:

Edited by Koop
  • Like 1

worth the wait Jot! how much did they set you back with tyres, if you don't mind me asking? :thumbsup:

Looks nice with the new Wheels... "like it"

Thank you Mister T. Now go get some nuts! ;)

Nice work as usual sir, however i feel a small amount of camber on the rear would make them sit nicer. Thats just my opinion tho!

Keep it up

Cheers Joe, not a good day for cleaning today though! :)

I think another 10mm drop would make them sit nicer :ninja: They're farkin lush though Joti :thumbup:

Thanks Koopster, but no more lowering - I've already dropped the 40 (age, not millimetres) ;)

love it....

Thanks Piers, but not as nice as a set of Merc Eltanins, huh? ;)

Good choice mate :) paid off!

P.S. they're pretty shibby

Cheers Joe. Yes they are shibby, especially over sleeping policemen..... BUMP! ;)

worth the wait Jot! how much did they set you back with tyres, if you don't mind me asking?

Thank you! Well the Toyo (195/40/R16) tyres were £300, but I had to also pay for the wheels, shipping from the USA and import tax.... :surprised:

Very nice Joti, good choice and different from the norm too!

Thanks Alex - that was the desired result! :thumbsup:

Big yes from me! the gold & polished goes lovely with the red

Cheers Rowan, your wheels are mega too!

so you're looking at like £800? are you going to run them over winter or is this just a trial fit? they are very nice, bet they look 100x better in person as well