Joti's Red GTI on Schmidt Modernlines

Joti

Hehe

Yes Pete (impressive knowledge!), Jensen Interceptor convertible - rare as!!!!

Just Wiki'ed it - only 32 ever made between 1950 and 1957.....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jensen_Interceptor_(1950)

Must be worth a few bob huh? ;)

Love those wheels!! Need them in my life! You may have inspired the first set of wheels I'd purchase for summer!

P.S you rock!

Cheers dude! Means a lot ;)

I love this car man! Great work! :thumbsup:

Cheers NERO :) You just bought that Fiat? Don't remember you having a car before, or am I getting muddled in my old age...... ;)

Nice new wheels, suit it very well ;)

Thank you pal :thumbsup:

Cheers NERO :) You just bought that Fiat? Don't remember you having a car before, or am I getting muddled in my old age...... ;)

I had that punto since I joined here, I'm just really fixing it up bit by bit and will sell her on soon to get money to buy my mother a car as her current yaris is about to give in. her yaris has 134,000 miles and it was serviced once at 75,000miles. the oil is like tar. LOL! :)

I had that punto since I joined here, I'm just really fixing it up bit by bit and will sell her on soon to get money to buy my mother a car as her current yaris is about to give in. her yaris has 134,000 miles and it was serviced once at 75,000miles. the oil is like tar. LOL! :)

Ah OK, saying that, there's NOTHING more reliable that a Japanese motor (yes, not even German) - keep them serviced properly and they just run and run.

I've had my Toyota for nearly 14 years, and other than a battery, the only other things on it that have needed replacing are wear and tear items (tyres, brakes, etc.)

My mum had always had VWs all her life, and last time she changed car (in 2007) I persuaded her to get a Honda Civic - she'll always buy Jap now :thumbsup:

Cue the haters.... :lol:

Ah OK, saying that, there's NOTHING more reliable that a Japanese motor (yes, not even German) - keep them serviced properly and they just run and run.

I've had my Toyota for nearly 14 years, and other than a battery, the only other things on it that have needed replacing are wear and tear items (tyres, brakes, etc.)

My mum had always had VWs all her life, and last time she changed car (in 2007) I persuaded her to get a Honda Civic - she'll always buy Jap now :thumbsup:

Cue the haters.... :lol:

Oh ya, Its probably not the best place to say it.... But jap cars are very reliable indeed. As for Fiats you just don't know when they will decide not to move! :o

I will have to keep it serviced as it will me my money that will buy it. So I will be mad to service it every 5,000 miles. :)

Just curious but, does it not cost a bomb to run a supra and a GTI lupo? is your supra a weekend car and the lupo a daily?

Oh ya, Its probably not the best place to say it.... But jap cars are very reliable indeed. As for Fiats you just don't know when they will decide not to move! :o

I will have to keep it serviced as it will me my money that will buy it. So I will be mad to service it every 5,000 miles. :)

Just curious but, does it not cost a bomb to run a supra and a GTI lupo? is your supra a weekend car and the lupo a daily?

Yeah, the Supra is a weekender only - it covers about 2,500 miles a year that's all. That was the plan from the beginning, so when I purchased it wayyyy back in 1999 (last century lol), I purchased a 1.0 VW Polo for £700 as a cheap runabout too. People only modded Golfs back then, so, almost as a tongue-in-cheek statement I decided to mod the Polo! It was totally stock and I had it fully resprayed, Borbet alloys, Momo wheel, drilled pedals - haha - it was a 4-speed with 40bhp!!! :lol:

polo.jpg

However, THAT was the car that got me properly into modifications and I've never left another car as stock since :)

Over the years money became a bit less tight, and I was able to get a slightly nicer daily - so the Polo went to another home (bloke drove all the way from Coventry to buy it!) when I sold it in 2002....

Edited by Joti

Oh, I see. I enjoyed that story! :) Well just keep doing what your doing, because your making a great job of it! :thumbsup: Also any link to a thread of the supra? :swerve:

Oh, I see. I enjoyed that story! :) Well just keep doing what your doing, because your making a great job of it! :thumbsup: Also any link to a thread of the supra? :swerve:

Cool. No thread for the Supra, no.

Maybe I should do one and call it "The Black Breadvan" :roflmao:

• Like 1

Hey joti seen you and the lupo at coral reef roundabout today I was just in front of you.car was looking clean !! Love the black stripes

Cheers pal - you couldn't have been in your Lupo then - I surely would have noticed you too?!

Good choice on the wheels.

Can't help but think the specs are a little weak though.

Thanks. As for the second part, maybe you should give that news to your optician?? :tongueout:

• Like 1

The 7jet40.

Gti's will easily fit 8js with a reasonably low offset, with not allot of effort.

Grid V 8jet20 would look even better imo.

But, hey, Joti's car, he can do what he likes at the end of the day.

For me it's about keeping things in proportion, If I went 8J I would have gone with the Grid Drift (left) not the Grid V (right) as I prefer the concave spokes on the wider wheel.

Grid_Drift_16_8-167x167.jpgGrid_V_Bronze_168-167x167.jpg

Mine are 7J ET40, with 15mm and 5mm spacers on each corner, rear and front respectively.

My other set of hyper black 7 spokes are 7J also, as I wanted the general "look" to be consistent.

Saying that, the main reason for the wheel was the finish - gold with a polished lip (I had looked also at Cades Eros before).

Had the 8J Grid above been available in the gold/polished, I may have considered it, but to be honest think that wheel a bit to "aggressive" looking for a "cutesy" car like the Lupo......... :)

Hey, everyone has an opinion though and that's cool.

Edited by Joti