Koop's Loops

Koop

Koop, don't use those valve caps, trust me. They will rust from the inside and in a couple of months would have seized on and you won't get them off without a real struggle.

The only decent aftermarket alloy dust caps I have ever found are from Richbrook.

Ah really nice one! Could always paint them in a nice flash red though hmmm ;)

Dropped her off for service with Seat, then went next door to VW (both the same company, only went to the Seat place cos they were doing half price servicing) & signed up for the service plan, £17 a month & I get my next 2 services & MOTs, pretty happy with that :)

That's another of my eastern european neighbours haha it's quite well done but looking like it's seen better days now :lol:

Cheers mate :thumbup:

Forgot an important & devasting update - Cartman has escaped! :surprised::( Must have bounced down the motorway at some point taking Mrs Koop to college :lol:

koooooop, show me your seats soon i gotta see the awesomeness :D

It's the door cards & headliner I'm doing, not sure what I'm gonna do with the seats yet. That's way down the list :lol:

Now let us take a moment to mourn the loss of our dear friend Cartman...

IMAG0805.jpg

:lol:

Well the lad that did me service must have had a heavy weekend...asked em to check the passenger window, instead they pulled the driver's door card off, breaking it in the process, and reversed my fix of the driver's window by swapping the connectors back so I now had 2 broken windows, and told me the fault with the passenger window was the broken switch! Any idiot could tell you the switch for the passenger side is fine cos you can hear the relay clicking. :rolleyes: They also failed to tell me what was wrong with my reversing lights & astoundingly didn't bother to plug it into vagcom & check/clear the fault codes so I still have my engine check light on & have no idea why :bangsheadagainstbrickwall: Be popping back at lunchtime methinks! I'd be utterly fuming if I hadn't paid half price, looks like I got my money's worth - as in I paid half the money, they did half a job :lol:

On the upside, she's running smoother since the oil change & they did get her nice & shiny

IMAG0804.jpg

Time for some more OME+ goodness ;)

IMAG0809.jpg

looking good koop! go beat them senseless until they apologise!

Apologise? I want a new door card! :lol:

Forgot a pic, there has been some door card progress...channelled my anger into ripping the cloth off the rears :lol:

IMAG0803.jpg

looking good, im losing my rear door cards or cutting holes in 'em as i've got the holes in the rear and speakers are in order!

On the upside, she's running smoother since the oil change & they did get her nice & shiny

IMAG0804.jpg

They could have cleaned your rear arches haha! :o

Adam ^_^

I know right? Half a job I tell thee, I'll have to do it properly at the weekend :lol: Which reminds me of another very important purchase last weekend - a second bucket! Proper job :thumbsup:

Well they're fixing the door card on friday & the engine light's on because of a fault code to do with lambda probe so probably due to the lambda sensors being replaced just before I bought it. Hopefully I can get them to clear it on friday. Their excuse for not bothering to check the passenger window motor was "it's not a 2 minute job". Speechless.

So she's booked into the local garage for local people to check the reverse light issue & quote me on replacing the steering rack as there's a bit of play in the steering which got an advisory on the MOT - appears to be the one thing the Seat place actually bothered diagnosing properly.*

[edit]*actually that's a little unfair, they also found an oil leak & advised to replace the valve stem seals, hopefully that will sort it or it's O rings, eek

Edited by Koop

I can only hope the VW place next door are better!

la créme de la douche haha cheeky monkey :rolleyes:

I talked to them about that when I signed up for the service plan I've gotta go back & book an assessment. Don't expect much out of it but it's worth a crack as she's coming up to her 12th birthday in June!

So's I thought to meself last night, if Seat are sticking my door card back together on friday it seems daft to risk breaking it again pulling it off again for the retrim shortly after....best get it trimmed by friday then!

IMAG0814.jpg

Could do with getting the handle out but it'll need a bit of heat. The old cover came off without talking it off though so I might get away with it...but I'm thinking of painting it anyway...hmmm...probably get snoopy on the case tonight :lol:

Wheel news: Defcon5 is a total lovely person, I thought I had all month to sort the stickerbombed wheels as I can't afford tyres til next payday, but the bugger's gone & offered to send me some next week & I can pay him later so I've got to get my arse in gear now :lol: Cheers mate :thumbsup:

looking good koop, can't wait to see the wheels in action ;)

yeah cant wait to see those almighty stickerbombed wheels on your loop mate, will look awesome!! pic updates straight away ;)

Maybe next month depending how much the steering rack's gonna cost to replace :unsure: