Koop's Loops

Koop

Not promising mega sceney miracles, I think the little touches I'm adding will appeal to purists such as you rich. The RMs will be worth more than the car when done :|

Getting the other 3 refurbed (got one done first to test the water). Decided on widths, going for radinox. Decided on the badges, and am still pondering the options with hexes (plastic ones finished the same as wheels/ plastic ones painted silver/ polished). Oh and stainless bolts :)

Edited by joeadamou
  • Like 1

Some scrote kicked Mrs Koop's passenger to mirror bits last night, little f***ers. :censored:

Down the road. Not the first time it's happened though I think mine's got away with it so far. Tw@s.

Down the road. Not the first time it's happened though I think mine's got away with it so far. Tw@s.

I hate c**ts that damage others' cars - or any property for that matter. It's just jealousy - plain and simple.... :rant:

• Like 1

Discs & pads have arrived, just hope I get chance to stick them on for the charity meet sunday. Wheel adaptors are on the way woohoo :D

• Like 3

Utterly failed at doing my brakes, couldn't see how to get the calipers off. My local garage (for local people) will do em for 40 quid but with having the drains unblocked, taking pup to the vets after getting owned by one of the cats yesterday & my boiler dying I can't see me being able to afford it anytime soon so the loop's stuck on the in laws' drive for the foreseeable* :(

Mrs Koop's 6n2 is doing well though lol

Fitted new mirror glass just need a cover now

Before:

IMAG1636.jpg

After:

IMAG1644.jpg

And a set of aero wipers off Dale which she's over the moon with, the old ones were rubbish & made driving in the rain a little scary :lol:

IMAG1643.jpg

*apparently this has 3 Es, I've been spelling it wrong all these years. Koop spellcheck fail :(

Oh also after I gave up on the brakes I tried to stick the 16s on the back so I'd feel like it wasn't a complete waste of time but even that failed, I think they've got the wrong size spigot rings on them :rolleyes: FML.

Calipers are almost always held on by 2 bolts on the inside of the caliper, see below;

Caliper.jpg

Due to the piston being tight on the pads sometimes it will need some encouraging to come off. Be careful also that the caliper bolts can be v.tight and if you round one off you're ****ed! I did that once on my 16v Golf and it was a right ba$tard to put right.

Cheers I might have another look. Garage reckon you need a special tool to wind in the pistons on the rears as they twist instead of just pushing back which I'd never heard before :S

Oh, it's unusual for a garage to nonsense!!! Special tool = g clamp and carefully wind the piston back in, watch the fluid level in the reservoir when you do this though. Another tip is to file a chamfer onto the leading edge of the pads as this helps to avoid squealing and put some copper grease on the BACK of the pads, you'll be in trouble if it goes on the front!!

BTW - I can strongly recommend a Mk2 golf GTI, I had 2 over 9 years in all, cracking motors.

• Like 2