Koop's Loops

Koop

Well I've been quoted £289 to replace the window motor...holy carp. That's with 10% discount cos I'm on t'service plan, and there may be a further 10% discount after the fella's spoken to the service manager. They wanted to charge an extra £60 diagnostic fee but I politely asked them to get funked.

They've got to order the part in so it's now booked in for next Thursday, by which point I need to have worked out whether to let them do it, have a bash myself or get me local garage to do it.

However, they did get the window up and made her nice & shiny for free.

IMAG1825_zpsd83cf374.jpg?t=1364484742

IMAG1826_zpsadb75021.jpg?t=1364484752

She does have a cracking arse now, need to sort that zorst bracket though. Bottom of the list atm tbh :lol: And I keep forgetting to get a quote for a new bumper after it got hit months ago.

Edited by Koop

They're about £17 + VAT from VW, I got me local garage to order me one so with his trade discount I paid £17 all in :thumbsup: He's my new source while lupoboz is out of action :lol: £150 for a gin-u-wine EGR valve though, crikey. More like 50 quid on ebay if I'm looking at the right ones lol might just give it a clean n lube for now. Also thought of deleting it but presumably the sensor or ECU would have to be fooled somehow.

Mrs Koop says we can't afford to get the window fixed so she'll have to just not open the window if we're in my car :lol:

Edited by Koop

What he said plus, if you would have kicked off and threatened to complain to VW head office, or leave them bad CEM about them leaving your car in secure and open to the elements you would have got loads of free **** lol

If you pay them to fit a window mech I'm going to kick you in the head after I kick you in the nuts.

Are you really that useless?

I am reasonably useless :lol: I'm just a bit paranoid about buggering it up tbh cos I haven't got a garage to leave it in overnight if I do.

It's had a regulator so it'll be the motor but I imagine that'll mean taking the whole thing out anyway.

I did the blocks o' wood thing last year after I got the wrong motor & regulator last year. Can't be arsed with all that again, might have to have a crack though not paying 300 quid!

• Like 1

Well ignoring the window issue for now...

:lol:

Doesn't seem as smoky since the service, in fact I've been watching in the rear view & haven't seen any under load, just clouds o' steam when cold which is pretty normal. And I've been booting it (once fully warmed up of course) to try & make it smoke! I could see it belching out clouds of black **** before whenever it got over about 3.5k, suppose it's possible the engine's just been full of crap & Seat didn't drain it fully when they did the service last year? It was going through oil pretty quick though so I still think it's burning it tbh, I'll have to see how the oil consumption goes now I guess.

Anyway, tyres have been acquired...fella I got em off only had a bloomin' Mk1 'rocco isnit :surprised: Interior was mint. Its last MOT was 1992 :lol:

IMAG1827_zps606e41fd.jpg

Sneaky pic of wheels & tyres, now awaiting bolts...eagle eyed readers may spot a Mk4 Golf headrest in a kitchen sink. This is how we roll in Koop's loft.

IMAG1830_zps1d4b428f.jpg

Back home, slightly dirty & parked up next to an actual 4x4, in case you were thinking of accusing me of 4x4 stance :lol:

IMAG1831_zps3166760a.jpg

Mrs Koop didn't believe that I could fit my head in the Touareg's arch gap, and wouldn't let me prove it either, spoilsport :lol:

A. Get me that Rocco.

B. Get me that Rocco.

C. If the missus won't let you put your head in some arch gap wtf are you doing asking.

Grow a pair and do it.

Good innit? Just needs a respray & carb issue sorting he says it should be ready for shows in the summer. You would have jizzed in your pants at the quality of the interior my friend. Got some apparently-only-set-in-the-country jap rims in the background forrit. Should be sweet. I really want one now.

Goodies! GTI steering wheel & a full set of vents for colour coding have arrived :D

• Like 1

Decent weather saturday, got to painting...

Vents split & rubbed down, wet sanded with 600, 800 then 1200 grit & left to dry

IMAG1841_zpscbd8bfad.jpg

Bits primed, only had red plastic primer left oh well :lol:

IMAG1843_zps2abf538d.jpg

IMAG1842_zps74c0a974.jpg

Top coat begun...primer mustn't have been dry enough on the centre console as it didn't stick very well :(

IMAG1845_zps5c43e017.jpg

These came out better, just need a rub down & final coat or two. Also flatted & resprayed my lock blank as I wasn't happy with the finish, it's still not perfect but a hell of a lot better.

IMAG1844_zpse9103af9.jpg

Waiting on weather now to get em finished.

And the main event....

IMAG1846_zps2293fbad.jpg

GTI steering wheel on! Needs a bit of a clean but it's in pretty good nick and it's so nice to drive with. :D

Edited by Koop

In fault news, I keep forgetting to tell people not to use the passenger window but I've managed to get it closed every time, it struggles though :lol: Just gonna get a 2nd hand motor I think, can't be buggered spending hundreds on it, even an ebay special motor & regulator is well over a ton.

Garage cleared the fault codes when they did the steering wheel & I have no more airbag or engine check light :thumbup: The EPC light came back but according to VW that's the brake switch which isn't too big a job. For all I know the EGR & throttle codes could have been there since before I cleaned out the EGR valve, changed the air filter and stuff so hopefully they won't come back and I don't have to get a new EGR valve or clean the TB. Though the TB could probably so with a clean anyway tbf.

Need to have a faff with the steering wheel cowling as it's sitting a bit low in relation to the wheel, they didn't charge me though so I can't really complain :)

Nice work there young Koopster.

If I had one slight bit of criticism, spraying the vent surrounds GLOSS BLACK?!?

No bright red, bold white?!

Is the Koop softening with age....??? :cheeky:

In fault news, I keep forgetting to tell people not to use the passenger window but I've managed to get it closed every time, it struggles though :lol: Just gonna get a 2nd hand motor I think, can't be buggered spending hundreds on it, even an ebay special motor & regulator is well over a ton.

Garage cleared the fault codes when they did the steering wheel & I have no more airbag or engine check light :thumbup: The EPC light came back but according to VW that's the brake switch which isn't too big a job. For all I know the EGR & throttle codes could have been there since before I cleaned out the EGR valve, changed the air filter and stuff so hopefully they won't come back and I don't have to get a new EGR valve or clean the TB. Though the TB could probably so with a clean anyway tbf.

Need to have a faff with the steering wheel cowling as it's sitting a bit low in relation to the wheel, they didn't charge me though so I can't really complain :)

Try a scrappy? My local wanted £40 a door complete with electric windows, hinges and checkstrap! :yes:

That's not a bad idea that.

Nice work there young Koopster.

If I had one slight bit of criticism, spraying the vent surrounds GLOSS BLACK?!?

No bright red, bold white?!

Is the Koop softening with age....??? :cheeky:

I've been thinking it's been getting a bit sensible tbh haha, even thinking of plain red for the door cards. I've found some tartan similar to the mk1 gti stuff that I've got my eye on for the headliner though.