Koop's Loops

Koop

• 4 weeks later...

Managed to brim the Polo, empty it & brim it again which I've never managed to do with mine. Time for some fun with maths, yay!

Did 343.2 miles since previous fill

Refilled with 42 litres dead

4.54609 litres to a gallon

42 / 4.54609 = 9.2387084285616870761467546836952

343.2 / 9.2387084285616870761467546836952 = 37.148049714285714285714285714287

37mpg, impressive! This is mainly Koop's Driving Skool proper sensible driving, but with some occasional Koop-on-his-own-secretly-giving-the-wife's-car-some-death driving :whistle: 8v FTW :lol:

It's a hell of a lot better than I get in the Sport :lol: And as a mate of mine keeps telling me the Lupo's only half a car haha

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Went to pick up the loop at the weekend so I can finally sort my brakes out: epic fail - wouldn't jump, wouldn't bump, needs a new battery. FML. :rolleyes:

New battery sorted, got her home, drove her to work this morning, because I can :lol: Started snowing so it may be snowplough time on the way home #winning

My love for the loop is returning. :D

MOT's coming up in march so I've informed Mrs Koop I'll be throwing some money at the car next month :lol:

How much do I wish I had enough to throw at it for this.... http://forums.clublupo.co.uk/index.php?app=classifieds&module=core&do=view_item&item_id=1925

• 2 weeks later...

Brakes sorted finally. Needs a new universal joint for the steering column, not a steering rack as the tools at Crewe Seat told me :rolleyes: Anyone need a steering rack? :lol:

• 3 weeks later...

Steering column ordered...can't get the UJ on its own apparently :angry2:

Full price thanks to Lupoboz's paypal issues :angry2:

Still, getting there!

Fella off the CL facefook page was gonna do me one but never got back to me & I needed to get it ASAP really. Should have tried breakers really, d'oh. Better to have a new one to make damn sure it'll get through the MOT though I s'pose.

• 3 weeks later...

I totally do. I've only taken one lately, to show the disgusting state of it after being parked on the road for a couple of weeks :lol:

Steering column should be done this week, along with cranking up the coilies & sticking the 16s back on.

• Like 1

Really wanted to set fire to the loop yesterday, it took 2 blokes all day to sort the steering column, thought it was going to cost me a fortune...however I went down this morning & it's all sorted & they only wanted 80 quid which is pretty good considering! Unfortunately somehow during the process the driver's door lock got buggered (the only one that works!) and the airbag light's now on. They ordered a lock kit from their dub guys which they've had a go at this afternoon & only charged another fiver for, no idea til the morning whether it's done the trick though cos I'm working til 7. Wish me luck :lol:

Well my door opens woohooooo....steering's now toight loike toiger :thumbup: ...but the wheel's on at a ridiculous angle & doesn't auto cancel the indicators :rolleyes: ...also they've connected my window switches back up the right way round...I'd swapped them cos the driver's switch didn't work so now i can't open my window :mellow: Airbag light's still on, they reckon it's not an MOT fail anymore hmmm....well at least with the door working I can get it booked in for a service at VW now, so we're getting there. MOT's up on the 22nd so got a bit of time to get stuff sorted, though cash is dwindling fast!

They showed me while it was off, there's a wire that supposed to be coiled up inside a little plastic housing and it was all over the place so looks like it had been bodged previously. Might be able to sort it by re-coiling it they reckon but they're shut til the week after next now. Don't fancy messing with the airbag myself in case it blows up in my face :lol:

So with spring just around the corner, I finally got round to putting the loop in winter mode :lol:

First after a couple of weeks neglect parked on the road...

IMAG1759_zpsa8723f55.jpg

Mingin' :sick:

Vaguely clean, back from the garage at work...

IMAG1766_zps381a165e.jpg

Camera doesn't like dark much :lol:

Now yesterday's work...

Rears first, they were a pain in the arse

IMAG1768_zpsb74c6418.jpg

Loving the massive rake :lol:

IMAG1769_zps7c6fda0a.jpg

Can totally see me doing front 15s/rear 16s in future....matching wheels though obviously :lol:

Fronts done...decided this was a bit too flush so raised probably another 10 mm...

IMAG1770_zps787fa971.jpg

The fronts only needed a little persuasion with the C-spanner, mainly cranked up by hand. Just had to keep brushing crap out of the threads.

IMAG1771_zpsbaa91e0d.jpg

Took her for a test drive...tyres got ate...

IMAG1780_zps023fdcc7.jpg

:(

So had to crank her up some more on the front...

IMAG1773_zps1fcb647b.jpg

Ewwww, arch gap :sick:

Now sits like this...quite like it actually...

IMAG1772_zps44c57ec1.jpg

Rear still needs to come up a tad as it's scrubbing on bumps. Got the week off so will have a crack one day. Having done it once I reckon I could get away without taking the wheels off so that should make it quicker :lol:

4x4 stance...at least it looks that way to me after nearly a year on the deck haha

IMAG1781_zps4c147973.jpg

In other news I saw an Up worthy of a flash yesterday, it had a matt black bonnet & some stickers & ****. I've seen it around getting slowly less standard & I suspect it may have been its first flash from another dub, bless. Thought I'd show a bit of solidarity for the diminutive dub crew ;)

Waiting for Mrs Koop to finish her theory test, wish her luck! There was a bora parked behind me with a halfrauds special renault stylee 'sport' badge on :facepalm: Thankfully it's gone now, it was offending me greatly and I was fighting the urge to rip the shitty badge off :lol:

• Like 1

She passed woohoo! Now wish me luck, changed a bulb on the loop & she's all ready for service & MOT at VW tomorrow....