Koop's Loops

Koop

Haha imay be doing the mot and service on your car. Got a weeks work experience there. Will be sytrange messing with a loop that isnt sophies. Had to do her wiper mech other week as passenger side just stopped working.

She passed woohoo! Advisories for engine check light & a broken (but secure) exhaust bracket. That'll do pig.

• Like 1

Mmmm, shiny

IMAG1791_zpsfad469e3.jpg

And a little bonus I found in the footwell

IMAG1787_zps101b1901.jpg

Cheers VW :D

Disappointed they didn't read/clear the fault codes as part of the service, she's running lovely now though.

Edited by Koop

Hell no I'm loving all the grip I've got now :lol: These rims are going on Mrs Koop's 6n2, they're only on the loop til I've got tyres for this summer's wheels...which will be narrow, and it will be low again :thumbsup:

I know :( haha

Trying to find my vw centre caps which will moderately improve the situation :lol:

Koop in following crowd shocker...got me some Cambridge rears in a surprise upgrade last week thanks to 23bluboy :thumbup:

It was either that or all red/all black which I may have had legality issues with so these'll do :)

IMAG1800_zps264192ac.jpg

Complete with snow & Awosa fwend in works car park last week.

Detracts attention from my barry boy wheels quite well I feel :lol:

Picking up tyres for the new wheels on Saturday :D Then it's just wheel bolts to sort out.

Had me codes read...

00588 032

airbag, knew about this, getting a new steering wheel is the plan.

This is supposedly the new one which is causing the EPC light, and it's definitely a complete coincidence it only came on after they did the service...hmmmm...

16955 P0571 035

cruise/brake switch (A) circ.

malfunction

static

Brake lights are working, VW say it's the part of the switch that feeds back to the ECU that's broke...the bit that tells it to back the throttle off etc....my response "awesome, does this mean I can left foot brake then?" :lol:

The others are presumably what's been giving me the engine check lights for the past few months....

16786 P0402 035

exhaust gas recirc.flow

excessive detected

static

Now I've cleaned out the EGR valve already, the 'excessive detected' suggests to me the valve's possibly jammed open? Dunno whether to have another bash at cleaning it or just replace it, easy job innit.

17972 P1564 035

Throttle valve control module - J338

insufficient voltage during basic setting

intermittent

No idea on this one tbh. This could be new as I've thought my throttle seemed a bit unresponsive but I wasn't sure if it was just the gearing change from going to bigger wheels/tyres. Any ideas?

Cheers James :D

Clean TB, think that might sort it?

Hmmm did just clean the EGR didn't lube it....I'll check how much I can get a new one for cos it'll be a doddle to change, no point bodging it if it's not gonna cost an arm & a leg for a brand spanker.

My steering wheel's a bag of **** so I'm using this as an excuse to replace it...and perhaps a cheeky upgrade :ninja:

VW quoted 84 squid to replace the brake light switch...worth it or is it an easy job? Seems there will be upside-down-in-the-footwell fun involved which I dunno if I can be arsed with :lol:

Oh another thing I forgot about, my dash lights seem to be dimmer - the heater controls and whatnot...also after the steering column was replaced I found this fuse in the footwell..

IMAG1784_zpscd12c69e.jpg

Can anyone spot where it fell out of? :lol:

IMAG1783_zpsf56bd041.jpg

And might this be related to the TB voltage thing or the dimmer dash lights?

Loves yous guys x

Hmm nice one. Google you say, this sounds like a marvellous invention....ahem :lol:

Edited by Koop

Steering wheel ordered...also an electric window switch finally. Things are definitely moving again :yes:

Oh another thing I forgot about, my dash lights seem to be dimmer - the heater controls and whatnot...also after the steering column was replaced I found this fuse in the footwell..

IMAG1784_zpscd12c69e.jpg

Can anyone spot where it fell out of? :lol:

IMAG1783_zpsf56bd041.jpg

And might this be related to the TB voltage thing or the dimmer dash lights?

Loves yous guys x

6 along right from the left, top row. Do i get a medal for spotting? Edited by davidelliott294

Yeah no. 6 I did wonder. No idea what it does though.

Ah, hello http://forums.clublupo.co.uk/index.php?/topic/21947-fuse-box-diagram/

6 rear window wiper

Well I don't need that :lol:

17 electric mirrors

They seem to be working...

20 cd and mobile phone circuits

21 4wd system and some lighting! may be reverse lights

22 alarm

23 engine electrics

Hmm could be 21 or 23 maybe?

25 vent window and gear stick light (auto)

That's a maybe

33 more transmission stuff

Probably not

So hopefully it's 6 which I don't need anyway :lol: Might try a few of the others though.

Anywho...

New window switch!

IMAG1821_zps2840b053.jpg?t=1364400451

Jammed a wee screwdriver in on one side & pushed the knackered switch out...

IMAG1822_zpsf1d7cadd.jpg?t=1364400396

Pushed new switch in, done.

IMAG1824_zps107ae206.jpg?t=1364400373

Went out to fit the unit back in, about to celebrate fully working windows, passenger window gets stuck down. fml. :lol:

Only option was to take it over the road to VW to stick in the workshop overnight & look at in the morning. This could get expensive.

VW left the loop in the car park all night with the chuffing window down :surprised:

epic-facepalm-demotivational-poster.jpg