LINCONSHIREGTI

LINCOLNSHIRESLUPOGTI

What width, offset and tyre size you running

7.5 x 16" ET35 all round. I use 5mm spacers on the rear so the rears are effectivelly ET30. 195/40R16 Toyo's to give a slight stretch but nothing too much that the tyre may dismount.

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Same et as on the BBS, have been thinking about spacing the rears and yours may of made my mind up.

Can't believe I missed these pics either, looks brilliant, spot on stance.

7.5 x 16" ET35 all round. I use 5mm spacers on the rear so the rears are effectivelly ET30. 195/40R16 Toyo's to give a slight stretch but nothing too much that the tyre may dismount.

They look mint mate better than the 17's. I have some porka 16's to put on with 8's on rear plus I need adaptors and am concerned a little, although mines nowhere near as low as yours I'm hoping I'll be ok for now.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Lupo has been pretty neglected recently. Since starting my own business last year and then moving house recently it has covered about 5,000miles since the last MOT (11 months ago) compared to the 20,000 a year it usually does. Only been polished once in the last 8 or so months and just been sat in a garage mostly.

It got the new wheels and a bit of attention then got moved to the garage at my new house and laid dorment again. Got close to selling but after chats with Tigz and Tom and some time on Clublupo the Lupo love is strong again and it is staying with me.

Just spend about 20 hours giving it a full detailing session finishing with some Zymol. First time I have used the stuff and it is in a different league to the polishes and waxes I have used in the past.

80,000 mile service in a week then off for MOT and a check over the ECU's to make sure all is well and that the throttles are balanced. Hopefully then I may get some playtime if it stays dry.

A couple of post-Zymol shots taken on my phone so not amazing quality.

2007-JUSTZYMOLD1.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

2007-JUSTZYMOLD2.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

thats an awesome toy to have tucked away in the garage.... shades.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":shades:" border="0" alt="shades.gif" />

looking mirror like too. gorgeous darren!

I haven't said already but those wheels look absolutely perfect! Making me want a lupo gti now!!!

What Zymol is it you're using? Payna uses it too and his always looks spot on, think i might switch from the meg's.

Liconshire, I can't beliveve you were seriously thinking about selling that beaut!

Let me know if/when you are serious though....

What industry is your home business if you dont mind me asking? smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

loving having smaller wheels so much, car is so much nicer to drive. Really made me realise what handling I have been missing for the last 4 years running 17's.

Do keep up Darren wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" /> tongue.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

It looks sweet and tidy as usual, i really like those wheels as they only have a small lip and the spokes seemed to be more shaped than the modern lines in 15 inch form, they suit it to a T.

What Zymol is it you're using?
After I had got rid of as many swirls I could I started with the Zymol. Used the HD Clense first and then the carbon wax. Nearly bought the Ebony wax as it is for black paint but it is only for non-clearcoat black so went for the carbon wax.
What industry is your home business if you dont mind me asking?

I am a design consultant sevice company. I work for engineering companies doing design work for them.

Do keep up Darren
It was Fin's car that convinced me that 17's were the way to go when I first got the car. Maybe I also had a little bit of chav in me back then too. I think have seen the light...at last. laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />
really like those wheels as they only have a small lip and the spokes seemed to be more shaped than the modern lines in 15 inch form

When I frst got them I was a little disappointed as I hoped they would be deep dished. As they were special order I could not send them back (and after all the hastle it took getting them). Once they were on the car though my view changed and I love them just as they are, they seem to have just the right stance for the width of the arches.

Sme more showing off my Zymollin' efforts.

Image008.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

Image010.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

Image005.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

Those wheels really do look the biz, and looking super shiny shades.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":shades:" border="0" alt="shades.gif" />

How low are running now? and do you still run quite abit of neg camber on the front?