LINCONSHIREGTI

LINCOLNSHIRESLUPOGTI

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I (and Gti T) are still waiting for the new exhaust to be designed. The guy is flat out as its approaching race season so he is busy for all the race teams.

Wheels were ordered 8 weeks ago but are not even made yet (first set in the world in this style and size combination). Estimated 5 weeks remaining.

Thankyou for the nice comments. I am a little worried the new wheels will not look as OEM as I think my Kahns do (in a flat 6 spoke Audi group kind of way).

• 1 month later...

Schmidts FINALLY (see other moaning posts) on.

Fronts do not rub anywhere but rears rub on both sides on big bumps. 34mm ground clearance now so splitter is taking a few blows to its chin. Will try to get pictures up once I get software for new camera phone.

Why did I not fit phat wheels sooner!!!

34mm! ohmy.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":o" border="0" alt="ohmy.gif" /> It's bad enough with the 80mm I've got!

Can't wait to see the pics. smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

So you can finally breath a si of relief then rolleyes.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" /> look forward to seeing them on.

laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> at Andi...

All cars and bike are dead so I cant make it to you

Lupo is kind of broke too at moment. Weld has failed on the manifold bracket (under the subframe) so not using it until I get it rewelded next weekend...too much contact with the road it appears!!!

Pics hopefully later, though they will only be from a phone camera.

Image009.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

Image007.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

Image006.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

Image001.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

Looks great Darren mate, really pleased for you.

Noticed any difference with the car running slightly smaller wheels?handle any better?less harsh?

Any news on moving house?

Tom

I have not driven too far on them yet as the rears are rubbing a fair bit and the front exhaust mount has broken so waiting to get that re-welded before I drive it too much.

Acceleration and braking feel better but not pushed handling as the tyres are too new still. Steering does feel nicer though, it used to tramline loads on the 17's and also have a very light (read vague) area around the dead straight which seems to have gone with the 16's. Both rears are rubbing as they stick out level with the rear quarters so going to have to remove my rear spacers (though I dont want to do this) or get the lips rolled flush.

Signed for house on Friday so hoping to move within next couple of weeks. Probably not get much time on the car for a while so it will be left in new garage all minted up. However I may try to get the exhaust manifolds sorted (I notice AAT offer one) while I am not using the car much.

I have not driven too far on them yet as the rears are rubbing a fair bit and the front exhaust mount has broken so waiting to get that re-welded before I drive it too much.

Acceleration and braking feel better but not pushed handling as the tyres are too new still. Steering does feel nicer though, it used to tramline loads on the 17's and also have a very light (read vague) area around the dead straight which seems to have gone with the 16's. Both rears are rubbing as they stick out level with the rear quarters so going to have to remove my rear spacers (though I dont want to do this) or get the lips rolled flush.

Signed for house on Friday so hoping to move within next couple of weeks. Probably not get much time on the car for a while so it will be left in new garage all minted up. However I may try to get the exhaust manifolds sorted (I notice AAT offer one) while I am not using the car much.

Yeah i noticed a big difference just going from my 16's down to the 15's again,gets better the smaller you go it seems.

Get them lips rolled, it looks phat with the spacers on don't take them off mate!!!!!!!

Excellent news about the house, that's happend quick bet you're all excited about it

Let me know about the mani im still in for it biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

That looks fantastic, stance is spot on.

Bet ur well pleased with them shades.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":shades:" border="0" alt="shades.gif" />

Edited by vworks41

Thankyou all for the nice comments, loving having smaller wheels so much, car is so much nicer to drive. Really made me realise what handling I have been missing for the last 4 years running 17's.

Get them lips rolled, it looks phat with the spacers on don't take them off mate!!!!!!!

Did the rear arches today, took them down to about 7mm (just flush with spot welds) and them packed them with loads of underseal. Hopefully should not rub now, them spacers are staying as the rear stance looks phat with them on.