Matte army green vinyl wrap

Haakon

Almost finished :)

IMG_1953.jpg

IMG_1950.jpg

IMG_1959.jpg

Need to do some rust repair on the sills before they are wrapped, and do the right side pillar. Not sure about mirrors, tried one in matte green, but thinking maybe gloss black for mirror covers?

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hey H, just realised i used to work an hour from you up in Bergen. worked for PGS Resevior and Exploration, Tied up alongside in Leirvik a couple of times but mainly ran from Bergen and Kristiansund. Geez it was cold in the winter, -20 some mornings trying to start a big Detroit Diesel engine was a right pain....................

anyway as i said over on TA looks very cool!!!

Small world eh? :) I can see Leirvik harbour from my house, its -1 degrees and foggy now, winter will soon set in.

Tonight I have changed the coloured film on the front indicators from yellow to smoked, and smoked side indicators have already been shipped according to the seller on ebay. Just need to get the wheels off to paint them, but can't change back to summer tires now as its freezing outside. Salt truck just drove by the house.. no wonder cars rust over here :furious:

• 1 month later...

Just did another wrap this weekend, and got to play with the car for a bit :)

Went from this:

IMG_1992.jpg

via this:

IMG_2006.jpg

to this:

IMG_2011.jpg

:D

And this is the 2012 version with 550hp. That is about 490 more than my 3L :P

Edited by Haakon

And with the crazy norwegian car taxes based on weight, emissions and horsepower, this is a £210,000 car over here in Norway. Or about £207,000 more than my Lupo :surprised:

Now I know how 0-60 in 3 seconds flat feels like! :clap:

That's awesome. You wouldn't want to break down in the snow in it though they'd never find you haha

And with the crazy norwegian car taxes based on weight, emissions and horsepower, this is a £210,000 car over here in Norway. Or about £207,000 more than my Lupo :surprised:

Now I know how 0-60 in 3 seconds flat feels like! :clap:

Almost like we got here in Denmark ;)

Maybe that is why he got the red untaxed temporarely licenseplates on it ;) ;)

Nice Lupo, also follows it on lupo3lklubben :D

• 4 months later...

I totally forgot to include a pic of the car done, but here is one :) I also redid the roof, carbon vinyl gone, replaced it with 3M brushed steel wrap vinyl, and wrapped the mirrors in gloss black.

What do you think?

IMG_2789.jpg

looks deadly! absolutly love it :)

looks fantastic.

This looks amazing mate. Good job!

Stunning :D

Thanks a lot guys :) It will look even better when adjusted down from winter height. (It actually snowed here last week).

Just needs some sergeant stripes on the side now :P

Would be cool, but since I wrapped my Lupo, 2 other VAG clubs cars here are wrapped in army green with military graphics, so mine actually stands out without them :)

The roof wrap is maybe the coolest addition, hard to see in pics only, needs video to show how it looks from different angles. Here is a full wrap in the same vinyl: