normal tank range?

corby

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

brill, thanks mate. Most of my miles are either pure 40mph to/from work or down a single carriageway national speed limit (short dual for half a mile) for about 25 miles. Once I get the juddering/smoke issue sorted I'm hoping for more.

Base your mpg on an entire tank..

I'll wait til the light comes on, refil and report from there.

I just filled up tonight, from previously brimbed & got 280mile before it hit red.

put 38litres in, or £50 worth in old numbers

• 4 weeks later...

My diesel Lupo does about 375 miles before the warning light comes on and I usually fill up at about 410-420 miles. Using the 'magic button' before long journeys, I've managed 525 miles on a single tank!

using the "button" i squeezed in £50 and the needle did not move until 250 miles.

Where is the air release button?

and i get 250 normally, 400 motorway at 60

DSC00807.jpg

that little black thing should move back and fore, takes a while to properly fill as you put little amounts in till it reaches the brim, then press the button and it goes then carry on etc.

I do something like 50miles a day, home-work-home.90% of that is dual carriage, taking it easy, bobbing around 60mph..1l mk1 Arosa. One full tank does me a week, sometimes if I'm out and about it wont last as much..

What is this magic.button thing? Soz for sounding noobish....

From what I've read here the "magic button" allows you to fill the expansion tank. On hot days petrol will expand and/or vapourise. This expansion tank allows your fuel to expand/condense so your petrol tank doesn't become a pressurised bomb. Not advisable if your car will be sitting around. Maybe ok at the start of a long journey. Silver explained it all quite well but I can't find his post now.

Last tank brimmed with "the magic button" i got 316 miles, which was a mixture of motorway and town driving! I was well chuffed! my old starlet used to do 17 mpg in the winter!

I recently change the tyres on my GTI to good year Eagle F1's all round & added 10% to the mpg, she's now getting 310mile before hitting red,