Deans Rosa A.K.A carters old arosa ;)

Dean Robinson

Hey all!! i recently bought Carters old arosa :) (bought not built) and have decided to start recording my progress :)

How it looks now.

CC6muDCWkKGrHqJk4EzyVHS6yBNM0MVw-Q_12.jpg

nottsshow-1.jpg

Okay so before i started touching the outside i wanted to make sure the engine was sweet, as this is now my daily drive... sooo yes most diesel engines are tappy and noisey but this was REALLLY tappety!! so i got started on changing the hydraulic lifters, did a cam belt change and full service while i was balls deep in engine ;)

NorthWestLeicestershire-20110305-00078.jpg

NorthWestLeicestershire-20110305-00077.jpg

NorthWestLeicestershire-20110305-00074.jpg

NorthWestLeicestershire-20110305-00069.jpg

NorthWestLeicestershire-20110305-00065.jpg

After sorting the engine i started tweeking the back end :blink: ... i bought some rear lupo lights (which havent arived yet) and took the turbo badge off the boot and slante my wiper.

NorthWestLeicestershire-20110313-00092.jpg

IMG-20110329-00178.jpg

couldnt resist the early fast show even though the rosa isn't looking anywhere near how i want it to yet....

pretty glad i did take it... ended up in the Junes issue of Fast Car :lol: (picture to follow when my gran gives me the mag back hahah)

IMG-20110326-00173.jpg

IMG-20110327-00174.jpg

IMG-20110327-00175.jpg

IMG-20110326-00172.jpg

slight set back before i could get stated on my next mod... tyres on the front would only last me around 3 weeks. and at £70 a tyre this needed to be fixed next!!

IMG-20110401-00184.jpg

After a few close calls with runnin low i wasn't so lucky :( had a blow out. which made my car like half an inch off the floor :o

and if my day couldn't get any worse some DICK HEAD decides to egg my car while iv gone to get food :angry2:

IMG-20110430-00231.jpg

IMG-20110429-00222.jpg

NorthWestLeicestershire-20110501-00237.jpg

NorthWestLeicestershire-20110430-00230.jpg

next on my list to sort is wheels :coffee:

was thinking BRIGHT...

e6f878b4.jpg

but now iv changed my mind. im thinking get rid of the red and go matt black and matt black wheels :wub:

Edited by Dean Robinson

Two things.

1). Did changing the lifters make a big difference?

2). Regardless of a blow out, that tyres hardly legal. . . . . .

hahahaha at your profile picture!! great! :lol:

Well before it tapped up to like 3k... did the lifters and it only tapped at idle, changed the oil and put some thicker stuff in and sounds loads better now :)

Yeah i no :( iv just had the camber and toe adjusted! the toe was 10 out :0 no wounder it was killing tyres off!!!! :rolleyes:

They aren't £70 each, I've had two fitted and balanced for about that much...

If you've paid £70 each you've been ripped off!

:lol:

:blink: show me a website that you can buy 195 45 14 for 35 pound thn.. wait thats not fitted and balanced so say £30.....

i will be vexed!! lol :angry2:

Agree with Marcus on this one. I got a set of toyo t1rs 195/45/15s from camskill for 26 quid each. Bloody bargain.

we are talking about 14's mate not 15's price is totally different.

you will not get 195 45 14's for 26 pound! TRUST ME

Ball is rolling with my number plate, Carter came to my work today to sort out all the paper work. as N77 RJC means nothing to me im goin back to the standard 51 plate. just spoke with a mate and he say's he knows a website where you can get UK legal pressed plates B) on it!

Lookin good mate! Will look loads better on the back when you change the lights, blank the wiper off aswell ;)

I got a set of toyo t1rs 195/45/15s from camskill for 26 quid each. Bloody bargain.

HOW!? I've just looked and they're £49 each and out of stock :(

I think the car looks pretty good...a little bit different. :)

Edited by NOCK

HOW!? I've just looked and they're £49 each and out of stock :(

I think the car looks pretty good...a little bit different. :)

Bought them just before the start of the year. Couldn't believe it myself but snapped them up quick in case it was an admin slip up!

• 2 months later...