Why on earth has the Lupo got no boot light???

sat1983

I thought mine was faulty!!! I guess the plus side is that it's one less thing to worry about but I've never, ever owned a car without a boot light. I mean how weird having a car with luxuries like xenons but no boot light!!

Plus the new mini ain't exactly 'mini' is it! They are massive compared to the originial and would say also bigger than the lupo?

Lupo is a budget car.

I fitted one in mine, but never use the boot.

Budget it may be but a new Lupo GTI certainly wasn't cheap. I just didn't know no boot light existed on modern cars. And by that I mean cars made after 1980!

Plus the new mini ain't exactly 'mini' is it! They are massive compared to the originial and would say also bigger than the lupo?

The lupo is perhaps a little bit smaller than a Mk1 MINI. The boot size is about the same from memory.

When you say mk1 mini i'm assuming you don't mean the 1st bmw one, as a lad at work has the 1st bmw one and it is bigger than my lupo.

A lupo is a hell of a lot bigger than a mk1 mini I have both and the loop dwarfs the mini, although like you say the boot size is comparable.

A MINI is bigger than a Lupo. The Lupo is only a little bit taller than a MINI.

Did a build thread in my car diary page ages ago on installing a boot light............cant live without it now.

Used a Mk4 Golf boot light unit, cable, in line fuse and a Saxo boot light switch, put them together and a system that works :)

A MINI is bigger than a Lupo. The Lupo is only a little bit taller than a MINI.

The Lupo is a giant compared to one of these:

mini.jpg

But small compared to one of these:

bmw_mini_1359914c.jpg

Edited by NOCK

I was referring to my1990 Mk4 Mini Cooper RSP S I'll put a pic up later when I'm not on my phone :)

I was referring to my1990 Mk4 Mini Cooper RSP S I'll put a pic up later when I'm not on my phone :)

The size of the boot hardly justifies having a light! The car wasn't really designed with shopping and loading the up the boot in mind, don't like it, buy a MINI!

The size of the boot hardly justifies having a light! The car wasn't really designed with shopping and loading the up the boot in mind, don't like it, buy a MINI!

:rolleyes: I don't care how small the boot is- when it's pitch black outside, I do struggle to see what's in there proprely. I'll survive without it but I do genuinely think it's stingy from VW not to have put a tiny boot light to help matters.

Do us all a favour and sell your GTI, you havnt stopped moaning about it since you bought it.

Get used to it-there's more moaning to come- I'm here to stay.

Stop bitching and moaning, you bought the car, no one else. If you wanted a perfect car you should have either bought brand new or bought a cleaner example.

FFS why the hell should I justify myself to you?? If you're that bored of reading my threads, read all the others. You always get one on forums pissing you off with their ****ty comments. Up to a month or two ago, I had no clue about Lupo's- I've since learnt a lot, most of it is fixed thanks to helpful members on here. Give me and yourself a break.