About time too!

NOCK

It's cack, IMO.

There's nothing sexist about it. Young women are statistically less likely to cause a big payout than young men.

This!

Where will it stop?

You are more likely to have your hit when you live in London than if you live in some backwater village and it turn premiums also represent this.

End of the day, it's statistics not sexism, Not ever seen one vid on you tube of a girl driving round on McDonalds trays..

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's cack, IMO.

There's nothing sexist about it. Young women are statistically less likely to cause a big payout than young men.

That's how insurance works. Is it also ageist? Class-ist? Where does it stop?

No benefits for males, can't see why anybody would be happy about it. You spiteful bitches. :lol:

True. Here are some more amazing facts about motor insurance.

Direct Line make more profit from referrals to solicitors through legal expenses cover than they do from the motor insurance itself.

Credit Hire and Credit Repair are the biggest growth areas in motor insurance claims. This is where a garage or solicitor provides the non fault party with a car that is better than the one damaged and the longer the repair or settlement takes, the more expensive the claim is. The scale of charges isn't linear, but gets more expensive as time goes on.

Unless your insurer admits fault within two weeks, the third party legal costs can be unlimited rather than restricted to £800.

All scams that careful, claim free drivers end up paying for.

TPO should be included in MVL. If that makes it £200 more expensive, so be it. MVL and insurance should run together with MOT expiry too. I still think the legal system needs to look at penalties for those caught without insurance. A magistrate should GoCompare the premium for the criminal and double the cheapest quote for the fine. Pay the insurance company their premium and keep the other half for HMCS. that way, the insurance industry get a cut, thus reducing the burden on the rest of us.

Speed and vehicle cost are usually why male accidents cost more than female ones. We're usually hitting something a lot faster than a girl would do. Add in a few passengers... You know where it's ending up.

The only reason its more likely for men to crash than women is because the women are in the kitchen making a bacon sandwich, and upstairs cleaning the toilet.

Haha,

My test is this month & I'm currently paying just under 1k a year (£81 a month) for provisional insurance. The day i pass that goes right up to just over 4500. I don't think anybody here has any reason to be unhappy, considering most of you will pay a lot less than me.

Haha,

My test is this month & I'm currently paying just under 1k a year (£81 a month) for provisional insurance. The day i pass that goes right up to just over 4500. I don't think anybody here has any reason to be unhappy, considering most of you will pay a lot less than me.

I.. would just buy a bicycle.

My car is technically my dad's, registered to him, insured in his name, me named. I pay £123 a month TPFT.

My first car so I'm not too pissed, but had I done it on my own I'd have been looking at £5k easy.

Obviously my social circle is no stat database, but of my driving friends the longest anyone has been driving is 2yrs. I know of 2 makle friends who have written their cars off, only one being at fault.

I know three females who have done it, one having done it while texting at the wheel in France and kaned into a lorry on the motorway, one had a small dink, but had no insurance so tried outrunning the old Bill (In a 1.2 Punto O.o), then ended up in a wall, the other, within a week of passing her test, somehow hit something with such force it ripped the wheel off the axle.

I know plenty more who've had crashes that aren't write-offs, and from what I see, girls crash a LOT more.

BUT like it's been said, I'm not getting it any cheaper :angry:

Edited by BlockHead

My car is technically my dad's, registered to him, insured in his name, me named. I pay £123 a month TPFT.

So technically you're breaking the law?

I can answer that for you NOCK - Yes, not only technically illegal but also actually illegal ;)

Thank you jabbles, I did in fact know the answer, but felt it needed dropping into 'conversation'.

Posting on the internet that you are fronting your car insurance is not the cleverest of ideas is it really. :wacko:

Edited by NOCK

Presumably as the main driver if you are the main user of the vehicle.

from what I see, girls crash a LOT more.

Statistically that is generally correct although it's a little bit more rather than a lot. Because the speeds involved are generally higher with male drivers, they hit things harder and cause more damage and as a result, the cost of the claims are nearly twice that of women drivers.

Thank you jabbles, I did in fact know the answer, but felt it needed dropping into 'conversation'.

how ironic that your username rhymes with 'COCK'...

Leave the kid alone.

Most women I know are pretty scary drivers. As stated previously though, when women crash it's more 'how the **** did you manage that?' rather than the man, who is flying through the air in a ball of flame at 20,000mph.

Everyone should just get insured by a mutual organization (i know there arent many), they are the only honest insurers around as they only ask of u what they factually need, and 2 years ago my insurer lost 4 million from claims and yet, cos they're honest and can only hope to achieve a year to year average to breakeven. i.e. no profit/no loss.

Unfortunately for the good drivers, u have to fit into whichever sterotyped group u fit into.

Another thing the (non-mutual) insurers need to sort is: if someone crashes into u and it is their fault, why should your premium go up after u have the hassle of having your car repaired, not at the cost of your own insurance. and then they say, it is cos u r more likely to crash again? ok even if that is statistically true, it isnt fair, and u are already paying for that thru the postcode charges, some areas more prone to others.

how ironic that your username rhymes with 'COCK'...

Thank you for pointing out something that's never been pointed out before.

It's nearly as clever as hanging around on a Lupo forum when you don't even own one. :coffee:

Tbh I think this ruling is totally pointless. Womens premiums will get more expensive, mens will stay the same. I highly doubt that the cost will actually fall. Why would they bother... insurance has got expensive every year so it'll get hidden within that. Plus tbh, surely if a company will only insure women (why not, you can choose your customers if you own a business based on whatever criteria you like imo) they would be exempt. There wouldn't be a male premium for it to be cheapre than so...

It's nearly as clever as hanging around on a Lupo forum when you don't even own one. :coffee:

Maybe it's hinting towards something if enough people say it ;)

I really do apologise for having friends within the Lupo scene which has meant me hanging around here. I'm sure the many mods/admin and other long term members who no longer own Lupo's would agree with you, and will leave the site immediately.

Maybe it's hinting towards something if enough people say it ;)

I really do apologise for having friends within the Lupo scene which has meant me hanging around here. I'm sure the many mods/admin and other long term members who no longer own Lupo's would agree with you, and will leave the site immediately.

Kids at school used to use it as a 'witty quip' when we were like 9 years old. Everyone over this age realises that it is a bit sad and immature...well nearly everyone. :rolleyes:

I don't have a problem with people who don't own Lupo/Arosa's and are on the forum, but I do have a problem with people who insure their cars illegally, and I think I have every right to.

If you are happy to be crashed into by someone who later turns out to have invalid insurance then fine. :coffee:

Edited by NOCK

Since you got a Gti, you have just turned into a right cock! I used to think you was alright.

The reason, us NON lupo drivers stay on the forum, is because its full of decent well clued up people. pitty you dont fall into either category.

Since you got a Gti, you have just turned into a right cock! I used to think you was alright.

The reason, us NON lupo drivers stay on the forum, is because its full of decent well clued up people. pitty you dont fall into either category.

I don't have a problem with people who don't own Lupo/Arosa's and are on the forum, but I do have a problem with people who insure their cars illegally, and I think I have every right to.

Huh? I don't get what I've done. If you're still mad about my dislike for Fiat's then please get over it...GTI or not I still dislike them. I am entitled to an opinion, right?

As stated previously though, when women crash it's more 'how the **** did you manage that?' rather than the man, who is flying through the air in a ball of flame at 20,000mph.

Hahaaha so true, it's like all those CCTV videos of women trying to park their automatic BMW X5 and rolling it into a nearby pond instead hahaha