what car next?

mrzogs

thinking a little ahead, but i am leaving my job in the next few months and going to be starting a new job. so im thinking of getting a different car as my lupo is on real high mileage and way past its prime!

my new job will require driving most days and some days longer motorway driving with a couple of passengers, which is why my 1ltr lup is a bit unpractical.

im thinking along the lines of a golf tdi, and has to be reasonably spacious/comfortable/good fuel economy. preferably german too and reasonable on insurance as i have 6 points at 20years old.

looking to spend a max of 5-6k

what can you guys think of?

Edited by mrzogs

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm in the wrong job. What the feck do you do?! surely you can afford to spend way more than 6k on a car then?

yes i have about 25k to play with which i have saved over the last four years. but i want something thats a good all rounder as i am looking to purchase my own property so i cant afford to have massive outgoings on a car.

jon

Edited by mrzogs

I would go for the VW Scirocco or the Audi A3 both for me just are streaks ahead of any car in their category!

if you had 25k plus were on 4k a month then you wouldn't be looking at second hand cars.

if you think you'll be paying 10% tax on 4k a month you are sadly mistaken too.

i love it when sales people say "other guys in my position are earning blah blah blah amount."

the sales guys in the company i work for are all on more or less the same basic wage, and they obviously all have the same earning potential, but yet the top guys are earning £150k a year while the bottom guys are taking home a few hundred quid commission on top of their basic.

you might think you are gonna earn that amount, but i'll stick my neck on the line and say you are a dreamer.

Edited by Adam K

This thread is coming from a person who raved on about all the fast cars he had and saying lupo's are ****e ! And tlks complete **** ! My step dad is earning just above 8000 grand a month however he is 54 big differene and been with his company for more than 20 years ! I personally think people who boast about how much they earn or lie are dicks ! In the other hand if true Fair play for earning 4k a month at your age what job role is this i think the majority of people on here would like to kno !!!

My step dad is earning just above 8000 grand a month

I personally think people who boast about how much they earn or lie are dicks !

£8,000,000 a month? :P

And a bit hypocritical maybe?

If i was earning what some are saying in this topic, I would be looking to get a new Polo GTI or something even faster.

really? why would you only get a polo gti when you could have a proper car like a TTRS ?