turbo'ing my lupo

Guest nanalup

Guest nanalup

hey guys i just bought myself a 1ltr lupo and was thinking of turbo/supercharging it.

i have been looking at these kits on ebay for a while, but now i have passed my test i thought it would be a good idea to buy one.

here is the link:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ELECTRIC-SUPERCHARGER-NITROUS-TURBO-UNIVERSAL-FIT-HP_W0QQitemZ160417119415QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM?hash=item25599afcb7#ht_6930wt_941

what do you guys think?

Hello.

Firstly welcome to the forum, the lupo is a great little car. Good choice.

Secondly... The unit you are looking at is a cheap knock off of the original product which is alot more expensive. And they will make absolutely no difference to the car to be honest.

If you want a bit more power, you need to look at making the car breathe easily. From the 1 litre, don't expect much. Use it as a stepping stone to a more powerful version. You might also find it very difficult to insure a car with modifications if you have only just passed. But your circumstances may be different to others, just something to take in to consideration before tuning a car.

And im going to add this to the other forum members now, please do not come on here and slate the guy.

Guest nanalup

hey guys thanks for the comments. i really dont think this is a cheap knock off, my friend has one on his 1ltr 106 and he said its so much faster now. the only others mods he has done are a drilled airbox and a super chip (also from ebay)

my budget is 150 just wondering what people think i should do.

thanks

hey guys thanks for the comments. i really dont think this is a cheap knock off, my friend has one on his 1ltr 106 and he said its so much faster now. the only others mods he has done are a drilled airbox and a super chip (also from ebay)

my budget is 150 just wondering what people think i should do.

thanks

That's not a turbo mate, that's a fan in an airfilter. Which will give you naff all extra BHP, let alone on a 1.0 engine.

For £150 I'd not bother with these false claiming cheap tuning parts and go with some styling or if you insist on tuning a decent induction kit.

Spend your £150 on a rear anti-roll bar. That'd give you far more than a plastic tube with an electric fan in it would!

Improve the handling, make the car even more go-kart like!

A 1.0Liter is never gona be a rocket, but you can at least make up for it by getting the handling up there with the best of cars!

So many scams on ebay and so many idiots willing to be fooled so so easily by them.

You sir for even thinking of buying one are a prized fool.

hey guys thanks for the comments. i really dont think this is a cheap knock off,

thanks

Ill group these together and just say mate, really, log out of paypal before someone gets hurt lol. That electric fan thing is pure banter, how the flip has the seller got 99.2% positive feedback!?!!

I need one of them for my VR. Extra 25mpg? That would double my round town MPG! Let me know how you get on when you fit that.

Anyway that can't be a turbo in the first link, it's hasn't got a woosh valve on it. Duh.

Guest nanalup

Hello again, after watching a few videos on youtube i decided that the turbo idea was not for me. despite it being a cheap enough option i decided that i would just go for a turbo whistler which i will install into my exhaust. my friend who has a golf mk1 gti said it would be best to buy two and put one in the exhaust and one in the airbox intake pipe so i get a better sound. for 4.99 its worth a punt, so im going to run with this instead.

here is the link for any of you that are interested:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Fake-Turbo-Sound-Whistler-BOV-Stock-Exhaust-All-CARS_W0QQitemZ250603773718QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM?hash=item3a59261f16#ht_1681wt_941

so out of my 150 budget i have now spent 10 quid, i have also been reading through a few guides on hear and im thinking i want to lower my car more. however i really cannot afford a coilover kit so tonight i will be off to my friend (big dave with gti) to get my springs cut :)

hopefully i will be able to upload some pictures at his tonight.

Edited by nanalup

It certainly is not me.

Anyway im only at 20% so im considered a low risk to everyone on here , old women and animals.