Good Old Mr Plod!

blueybug

This afternoon I got stopped by Mr Plod, now....... he said I had a dangerous load! :rolleyes:

I said er right? Yes Madam your roofbox is too big for your car.

WTF!

I got stopped because this sap policeboy had nothing else better to do than stop me to tell me my roofbox was tooooo big. I asked is there a certain size box officer than is not thought as to as "Dangerous" his reply and I kind you not

Madam, roofboxes that cover the whole of the roof are a danger to other road users! :confused:

I said my roof is tiny you cant get tiny boxes. Asked if I was gonna get a ticket whih I was given the 7 day wonder and told be on your way.

Anyone else had issues over a roofbox?

Fecking random in my book

Pics of said box, i don't know if i would laugh more if it was as small as i'm expecting, or bigger than the car.

Here you go

DSC01312.jpg

I just got back from taking my stuff to plod shop, I asked to speak to head plod and got a traffic cop to come take a look, he said the officer that stop me prob didnt like the colour of my car!

I just got back from taking my stuff to plod shop, I asked to speak to head plod and got a traffic cop to come take a look, he said the officer that stop me prob didnt like the colour of my car!

Heh, i was going to suggest, you should go down to his police station and report him for wasting police time...

(just as an aside, one of my collegues did the lejog 2009, said it was good fun)

Edited by RobG

If you asked a traffic cop and thats what you were told, put a complaint in.

Pathetic.

You get pulled for that...

People round here ride pitbikes on the road with no helmet, his sisters boyfriends uncles dads brothers pikey cock on the back, no insurance, no mot, flat tyres, silly bowl cut... and dont get pulled over...

Of course, a box is more dangerous...

Maybe he thought the stickers was a cover up and that you was really smuggling drugs in your roof box? :confused:

(Nice ronal teddies)

He said the rear stickers I had on the rear window was blocking my view an I needed to remove them I said no I can see fine, then he came out with your number plates are not correct they are pressed metal (you know the normal number plate issue us vw folk have :rolleyes: ).

But yea roofbox is staying on

Stickers are on

Men eh :D

Yeah my teddies are cool I love em they are mint too no marks or nowt :P

haha at this!

How strange, Iv never been pulled for my cable tied snow board!,

box looks fine he was obv a mong,

And your rear 3 windows you can do what ever you want with them, or are they going to start cutting windows in vans now?

He said the rear stickers I had on the rear window was blocking my view an I needed to remove them I said no I can see fine, then he came out with your number plates are not correct they are pressed metal (you know the normal number plate issue us vw folk have :rolleyes: ).

Are you sure this was even a 'real' police officer? lol

I like the police, they stopped me and my mate in chapeltown, just for looking like the sort of car that wouldn't stop for the police, it's a black punto with black alloys, tinted front and rear lights, with two young lads in :lol:

still, they pulled us up out side a dance college at lunch time, best stop ever :)

I think some traffic cops get bored and look for something to occupy their time. The other thing is that an 'odd' vehicle stands out and runs the risk of being pulled in the hope something more significant is discovered.

Until ALL traffic cops in ALL constabularies are working to the same standards (ie understand C&U laws fully), this is something that we will all face at one time or another. Personal interpretation is bad for all of us.

Just thought Id say sorry to Blueybug for ruining the thread before

I never knew what went on!

I looked one minute came back a few hours later

and it had a shinny key on it

I have real bad issues with police but I thought

others might find this a laff the reason why I got stopped

Guest Lauryn

I apologise too, for having an opinion. I realise now that if its not something the mods agree with its most likely going to be deleted :)

Lauryn

Edited by Lauryn