* SOUTH WALES MEET - LOCATION CHANGE *

I've mentioned in a few topics recently after seeing so many local new members cropping up that I'd see about organising some kind of meet after Christmas and New Year were out of the way . . . so here we go!

I've noticed the main places people are from are Newport, Cardiff and Swansea - maybe a few either side but thats the majority. Was thinking in that case that Cardiff seems the most central? Where exactly would be best I dont know, whether you want to meet at services then drive to more suitable place or even go to a pub because of the weather or something you decide :coffee:

When do you want it? This month or next? Assuming a weekend would suit most people best and probably afternoon/evening?

Any ideas or input would be fab on dates/times/location then we can decide on what suits the majority. And PLEEEEEEEEEASE when a date and time etc are sorted, only put your name down if your a definate or near on so I know numbers, if all you newbies have dissapeared again and theres only 3 or 4 its not worth bothering with :lol: So all depends on the amount of interest . . .

Cheers :thumbsup:

Edited by elliecjno1

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i would definately be interested in this meet as i only live in Newport as well. perhaps next month seeing as the next couple of weeks are supposed to be bad weather? not sure on places really, whether we want to be around Cardiff or stray into Newport depending on whos interested.

Yeah good point with this weather, better make sure its well and truely gone so shall we say one weekend in Feb provisionally?

Hopefully they'll be us two plus Brighty if he gets his car fixed plus I'll get a hold of Ash from this end so thats 4 of us from Newport. I know theres a handful in Cardiff but the rest are Swansea/Neath/Port Talbot way such as Sarah. So think if we say Cardiff give or take a bit that seems central? Cant see the guys from Swansea want to come all the way to Newport and cant say I want to be driving to Swansea either :D But we'll see whos interested and where from and sure that'll sort itself out :)

Not surprised in this weather lol my Lupo stayed firmly on my driveway with a white afro on the roof :lol: matches the wheels ;) haha!

Shall we say then any weekend in Feb then either except from the 1st so 13th/14th 20th/21st or 27th/28th then? We can narrow it down from there then :)

Getting some more interest now, hopefully some more over the next few weeks, gives us plenty of time to sort it out anyway.

Good luck with your test Rich! :thumbsup:

Edited by elliecjno1

Im up for this and i live in bridgend area so happy to travel either west or east :D , im goin snowboardin end of feb though so hopfully itl be around middle of the month :blush:

Do you know what dates your going so we can try and avoid that weekend then? Also need to avoid earlier on in the month so

Rich has a chance to take his test after it got cancelled.

Rich where abouts do you live? If worse came to worst sure me or someone else could give you a lift depending on where you are and if you havent taken you test yet? You can still come along then :)

Count me in :) I don't mind organising a convoy from down here, meeting at Junction 47 or something, Rhys we can pick you up from Junction 36 on the way!

Whenever's good for me, just text or pm me to remind me Ellie! x

Sounds good to me yeah, will text to keep you upto date. If we sort the date out then you can organise a convoy from you way and I'll sort the Newport lot out B)

What does everyone think of weekend Feb 13th/14th then?

Would you rather the Saturday or Sunday?

I'll suggest around say 2pm or something so its not dark (yet) or do any of you think later would be better?

Can go about sorting where to meet then and put a list of definates together :)

Getting there B)

Sooooooo provisionally . . .

Me & Huw

Joed05

OwzM

RichGriffiths9

Perkiii

Sarah Diamond

Fran

Brighty (Have checked with him)

Ash (Will text him now)

We'll just decide on which day & location now and we're near on sorted :)

Edited by elliecjno1

Even though i'm not welsh, i might pop over the bridge to see a few other Lupos if it's either in Newport or Cardiff

My car will be going back to where it was registered and also bought by me :P

Ed

Even though i'm not welsh, i might pop over the bridge to see a few other Lupos if it's either in Newport or Cardiff

My car will be go

ing back to where it was registered and also bought by me :P

Ed

As Sarah said your more than welcome to come! It definately wont be any further than Cardiff, can meet you in Newport somewhere like say Junction 24 (The Coldra) by McDonalds?

Was just about to say Sunday February 14th . . . but just realised this is Valentines Day :lol: which may cause problems for some people so will have to find another date!

Any ideas of other dates?

Will go as far as saying it'll be at 2.00pm Junction 33 and we'll go from there to a pub or what not on whatever date it end up on :)

Edited by elliecjno1

I know the Mcdonalds well, i've passed it many a time lol

Whichever date's good for me.....Valentines day's rubbish anyway *is single and not bitter about it at all* :P

Ed

Can meet you there then if you want, get the rest of them from round there to meet there aswell and then hop on the motorway :shades:

I switched my laptop off and walked off then realised "oh sh*t its Valentines Day" so ran back and changed it :lol: just thought it may be awkward for some people but we'll see what everyone thinks, only other thing would be that pubs etc would probably be rammed is what I thought.