* SOUTH WALES MEET - LOCATION CHANGE *

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Harvester doesnt take bookings, only one I know that does in a pub called the Greenhouse at the top of Malpas, really nice pub with good food, Huw and I went there the other week for a night out with my work, could be an option if we wanted to book?

Suppose we wouldnt get to Harvester until late lunch though so maybe quieter by then, was always busiest in the pub I worked in between 1 and 2 so hopefully will have calmed down by the time we get there. Plus depends how many people actually turn up and whether we're staying Cardiff way or people are willing to head Newport way :confused:

I'll definitely be there with a friend.....he's vagless as his car's in holland]

Newport or cardiff's good for me.....although if it is Newport i won't have to travel on the M4 at 50 miles per bloody hour! :P

Ed

I'll definitely be there with a friend.....he's vagless as his car's in holland]

Newport or cardiff's good for me.....although if it is Newport i won't have to travel on the M4 at 50 miles per bloody hour! :P

Ed

:lol: Evil isnt it! I have to go down there every weekend to Huws and dread it, I cant even chase chavs who are inching past me doing 52mph until it gets onto the national limit part, I behave incase knowing my luck I get a ticket, so annoying!

Drives me mad lol my speedos on 50 I wont go over even if people are creeping past. Love winding up the Corsa and Saxo boys round here though . . . must. not. put. right. foot. down. ooops, it slipped! :lol: Just cant resist it :coffee:

There aren't too many people like that round my way and definately not the kind of roads you can go fast on :angry:

The M4's the nearest smooth road, i remember about a month after i got the Gti chasing my friend in his R32 on it on the way back from the brecon beacons.....fun times! haha

Edited by LoopEd

Ha ha Im quite lucky round here theres loads of roads to have a blast on, Ive got 3 stretches of dual carriageway just on the way to work, and loads of other duals really, all which have no cameras :D Pretty lucky really. I really should grow up though :lol:

Nice lanes etc and mountain tracks about too not far away, havent ventured up the mountain by me since the coilys, I think its a no go, will be heading up Beacons & Mid Wales hopefully once weather dries up a bit. Done the Evo triangle a couple of times in other peoples cars and once in my old one, as much as Id like to run the Loop up there I think it'd probably end up with one too many belly rubs from being so low and it'd be end of story :blush:

I'll definitely be doing the brecon beacons again when my mate gets his r32 back from holland....he's having it turbocharged so won't be able to keep up. Should have coilys by then so maybe catch him in the corners, i won't be lowering it much at all though.

My car came from Newport so i've probably been on a few of the dual carriageways that you go on :P

Yeah theres a good few around, most of the ones I go on are up Cwmbran way - less Rozzers about up there :lol:

Beacons is awesome isnt it, when I had money to burn always used to take my old car up there but usually busy or skint since the Loop came along! Turbo'd R32, sh*t! lol Will be interesting how quick that moves!

My cars on its ass with the coilys and theyre stiff as hell so as much as it sit nice into corners and no body roll, I have the feeling if I overcooked it it'd be gone lol feels 'skippy' in the corners if you push it to much - warns me anyway lol. Only time Ive struggled keeping up was the the boys from the local club to a show last year, really had to push it beyond where I was comfortable but managed it - theyre all alright in an S3, Porsche, Golf GT TDI and a Cupra R :lol: I think I did pretty well considering it was all lanes though!

Which coilovers have you got, i'm considering KW V1's as i've heard they're not as hard a ride as others?

My mate's been quoted 400-450bhp for the R

Ooh that'll shift then!!

Ive got TA Technix, theyre hard and stiff and I moan like a b*tch about them but for the money cant complain, theyre fine on most roads but I drive alot of lanes everyday and thats when the colourful language starts :lol: will save up for some better ones at some point although if Im only going to have the car on the road during the summer from now on I can probably just keep these and put up with it, theyre not that bad really lol.

Sar - You know that little car park on the right as you go in where we parked with Clairey to head to Newport Edition in the summer, do you want to meet in there if we do end up doing the Newport thing? Attention Seekers are meeting by the Travel Lodge/Pub so at least initially we find each other and are a bit seperate :lol:

Which coilovers have you got, i'm considering KW V1's as i've heard they're not as hard a ride as others?

My mate's been quoted 400-450bhp for the R

FK silverlines mate (highsports with stainless bodies). Damping spot on, not jittery at all. Always knew where the limit was, usually when the front end started going :lol: Went through a winter commuting swansea to cardiff, and in the spring i gave them a quick wash with a wheel brush and they came up good as new. Compare them with the AP's ive got now on my ibiza, which need a REALLY good clean to keep on top of them at the moment. But i think the AP's are on par for damping quality (the invoice they come with has got the address of KW germany on them). I paid £425 for my FK's, think they're more like 570 now? Which was KW V1 territory at the time.

Yeah Ellie, I class that as Mcd's overspill so yeah happy enough to meet there. In fact though the new Admiral building is down that way somewhere, possibly off the roundabout that you have to go all the way round, may be worth trying to meet there? I'm thinking it's gonna be mental if Attention Seekers are in Mcd's plus all the people in Mcd's and anyone going for a nice family lunch lol.

I'm aiming to hopefully gather swansea people at Junction 47 at 12 to leave at half 12. I know we have to go through the 50mph so I'm happy to leave an hour and a half to get there :)

Any of the swansea crowd pm for my number if you don't have it and we can meet at Junction 47 (that's Penllergaer Services lol) at 12pm shades.gif

Yeah Ellie, I class that as Mcd's overspill so yeah happy enough to meet there. In fact though the new Admiral building is down that way somewhere, possibly off the roundabout that you have to go all the way round, may be worth trying to meet there? I'm thinking it's gonna be mental if Attention Seekers are in Mcd's plus all the people in Mcd's and anyone going for a nice family lunch lol.

I'm aiming to hopefully gather swansea people at Junction 47 at 12 to leave at half 12. I know we have to go through the 50mph so I'm happy to leave an hour and a half to get there :)

Any of the swansea crowd pm for my number if you don't have it and we can meet at Junction 47 (that's Penllergaer Services lol) at 12pm shades.gif

I'd rather keep it as the McDonalds carpark to keep it simple and not confuse people really, near on nobody knows the area but most people at least know how to get there, LoopEd is coming from over the bridge too so its simple for him. If needs be we can always move, cant see Attention Seekers being that big to cause a problem though as its a fairly new club.

Think we'd better wait for a few more people to see this though and make sure changing it to Newport is ok or they think that its too far, otherwise stick to the original J33 plan.

Edited by elliecjno1

Yeah ok. I'll give you a text closer to Saturday then to arrange things :)

Ok cool sounds good to me! :D

So just to confirm so far . . .

1. Ellie & Huw - Ok for Newport

2. Rich & Owz - Ok for Newport

3. Sarah_Diamond - Ok for Newport

4. Brighty - Ok for Newport

5. Joed05 - Ok for Newport

6. LoopEd - Ok for Newport

7. Johnson - ?

8. Ash - Keeping in touch by text & fine for Newport

9. Christian - ?

10. Penry - ?

11. Fran - With Sarah so ok for Newport

12. Tim - Ok for Newport

Just waiting for a response off Johnson, Penry & Christian now then. Will send Christian a message now, but will have to wait for the other 2 to see this.

Don't keep it simple on my account, i have sat nav and a phone with google maps.....i can find near enough anywhere lol

Wasnt just aimed at you dont worry lol Mike (Brighty) couldnt find his way out of a paper bag for starters :P Just seems a more central place and simple to get to - plus if the Attention seekers meet is there, then we're there already :)