fuel efficiency

lillian the looop

hi,

i have a 1.4 sport with full stainless steel exhaust and a sports cat fitted, when i fill the tank up full i get around 240 miles out of it. does that sound about right to you guys or is it burning fuel like no tommorow? :confused:

Cheers

ah right, well i am driving pretty economically really not ragging it or anything. just started keeping tabs on hows many miles i can go on a full tank so just wondered if this was right.

cheers :)

Edited by lillian the looop

That sounds about right, i get about 200-210 from mine (standard) but i do a lot of short trips. On m-way trips i get about 240-250 per tank.

so its not just me then :lol: its only because of the fuel prices going up like fahook that i am watchin my mileage and i was just wondering if it was right. its costing me like £30 to fill up full from empty now.

on another note my car has just hit 80,000 miles is there anything i should be doing or watching out for now its geting on abit? :wacko:

Cheers Guys

i averaged 270 miles to 30 quid in fuel, (over 2300 miles)

normally i hope to see 250 miles,

Iv just done 220 miles to 3/4s of a tank.

Talking about fuel, does any one know roughly how many miles we have left from when the fuel light comes on?

Rich.

Talking about fuel, does any one know roughly how many miles we have left from when the fuel light comes on?

Rich.

I remember reading it in the manual something like 5 or 6 ltrs,

bill

• Like 1

Rich.

You must have a light right foot sir?!

Guys not P1551N on anybodys parade, coz us dirty dervs read these posts also

so i just wanna say i had 230m from £20 at last reset, empty light to empty light, 141,000m on clock

bill

I did about 380 miles by the time the needle had just gone below a quarter in my GTi on a long run, indicated 70mph, then about 20 miles of VERY spirited driving, fully laden with luggage the whole time.

I used to get an average of 230 miles in my sport, and that was kicking spare fuel out the back! If you sit at 60mph on the motorways you can touch 400miles.

Rich.

I used to say circa 30 miles in my sport and GTi, i've done 60, and had more to go, i've done 10, then ran out :P

I struggle to get more than 200ish to a tank driving fast or steady?

Get usually..

70-75 miles to £10

120-30 miles to £20

200-210 miles to a full tank

I dont always drive economically mind you but still seems thirsty.

My friends sport fuels about the same.

how does this compare to a 1.4 75bhp model? just wondering... how many miles would you get out of a tank ?

i usually get about 220-240 miles of normal driving in my 1.4 e and about 260 if im being really gentle.

Edited by Taxi Adam

I tend to get around 160 miles to a tank from my gti, but i pretty much never use the motorway in it and i drive quite enthusiastically most of the time on short trips around town so i cant really expect good economy. Most iv ever had was 240ish because it was mostly all motorways but i was sitting at quite high revs the whole way (wont quote speed for obvious reasons).

Hey Guys,

I have been keeping an eye on my miles per tank too..I get about 216 miles to a full tank in the 1.4 75 Bhp. This is based on 8-10 miles a day on city roads. It is pants!

However on the motorway it costs me about £9 to drive 120 miles!

Irfan