Ebay Sniper (bidding software)...

little rich

Alright all, Heard some one on about one of these ebay sniper things at work so i googled it,

Its basically a software that bids on an item you want at the last 10th of a second meaning you win if your maximum bid is high enough, Making you not bump the price up by leaving a maximum bid like the normal way...

Just wondering if any one uses one? if so which one as there are a fair few to choose from

http://ubersniper.com/?gclid=CO3n_Zm66p0CFYwA4wodAkjwLA

ive used auction sniper a few times, works very well and you get a few free snipes, but after that you have to pay a percentage. So i just dont use it anymore.

BOOOOOOOOO to anyone who uses these. think that sucks!

Well i used to think that, but then i got sick of being sniped myself, so if you cant beat them.........

but using an auction sniper doesnt suck as much as ebay fees

just click confirm bid with 10 seconds to go..... If you vaue the item right, you will win it.

Edit: Unless some idiot is using a sniper.

Edited by 99hjhm

:lol:

Look at all the negative marks!

It doesn't make any difference. You put in the maximum price that you would be willing to pay. Proxy bidding does the rest. Whether you bid as soon as the auction starts or a millisecond before the end, whoever bids the most wins, at one increment above the second highest bidder.

eg. You bid ÂŁ200 for something on eBay. I bid ÂŁ1000. We are the two highest bidders. I would win the item for ÂŁ205, or whatever the increment is in that price range, it varies, as on cheap things it's obviously smaller. So time doesn't really come into it, if everybody uses it correctly.

I use auctionsniper.com.

• Like 1

even when im not using auction sniper i still bid within the last few seconds to increase my chances of winning. if you dont then its your loss.

theyr epretty pointless really if u think about it..

what does it matter what you use if u bid a max of 45 quid and sum1 1 else 44 u will win wether you use a sniper or just on ebay... or am i missing something?

I didnt like the idea of snipers until i used one! I makes it so much easier if your going out or like me, forget to run to the computer when items are ending.

Snipers dont ensure you win, you still have the same chance as the person thats sat by the computer waiting to confirm their bid.

On an ebay related note, 10% of final selling value in to the pockets of the egay team!!! talk about getting expensive. I so wish I had the space to set up a few servers and get my own auction site running.

Edited by 1 Litre Screamer