how impractical is this for a daily??

jasper

haah i linked the wrong one!!! thats the one i meant! i drive long distances pretty fast. stupid topic reason. i know its wrong but i need to hear it from someone else other than myself to make myself not do it!

never mind practical it looks f'in stupid! will look crap on a car if u ask me, plus i dread to imagine how bad in thw wet a car would handle, would not be safe at high speeds as a tyre that thin is gonna have a rather low speed rating, get propper tyres or if u want sttretch that bad get wider wheels :D

just my 2 pence :D

i have wider wheels thats the thing. and they arnt ****ty tyre, toyo space saver wheels i think they are when i looked them up. 30 £ a tyre. ah well! the wheels i will be puttin on them are the lupo alloys. i dont know what they are called. not the standard 5 spoke sports ones or the gti ones, hence are not wide

neither. maybe idiot points.

Probably just someone who tried it for the craic. If you were stood in a room with a tyre fitting machine thingymajig, a wideish wheel and a skinny tyre, what do you think would happen?

i have wider wheels thats the thing. and they arnt ****ty tyre, toyo space saver wheels i think they are when i looked them up. 30 £ a tyre. ah well! the wheels i will be puttin on them are the lupo alloys. i dont know what they are called. not the standard 5 spoke sports ones or the gti ones, hence are not wide

neither. maybe idiot points.

Space saver tyres are not rated for the speeds that a standard tyre is.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I see as much point in that tyre/wheel fitment as I do in a stupidly loud thumping audio set up in a car.

i.e. None.

Doesn't look safe and being spacesaver tyre, wouldn't think it would be too safe.

:)

lol i thimk you should do it. drive stupidly slow tho so do dont risk other peoples safety. it would be well funny to see something like that at a meet. its obviously meant to be a laugh but would be even funnier/stupid/daft in the flesh/metal. that wheel+tyre combo, plus massive -ve camber, plus dropped on its ass (sump scraper style) would be such a laugh.

I've never driven on a spacesaver, but from what I've heard it's scary with 1 on, I wouldn't fancy trying it with 4 on!

Oh, and it looks total sh*t.

I've driven an unmodifed 2cv, the standard wheels on them aren't that much wider than a space saver, and yes, it's scary, even with no power ...