anyone been in a new diesel TT ?

Adam K

on the verge of placing an order for one, all the reviews seem to rate them highly, and i'm kinda restricted on what cars i can get now as i only have 1 years ncb after writing off the s2000.

so points for the TT....

quattro (will make it harder for me to throw it off the road into a central reservation again)

diesel so fuel consumption will be good

remap on the new 170 cr engines brings it up to 205bhp

lots of real world usable performance

£120 a year roadtax

bad points...

it's a diesel in a sporty car

some people think it's girly/hairdressery

it's a lot of money

i haven't driven one yet

off to the audi dealer on friday as i have the day off and a test drive booked.

looking to lease and it looks like it will be late december when it arrives, so it's a bit of a wait, but hopefully worth it.

will 100% order it in white if i go ahead.

insurance is only £780 fully comp for me even with 3 points and writing off the s2000 and losing most of my no claims bonus.

Edited by Adam K

don't do it, if you have to go for a diesel the 123d is much better. Even cheaper to buy something older and petrol powered though, cheap nearly new scooby turbo is group 17 for the bug eyed one and spend the rest on fuel, or bmw own insurance was very cheap for me for a z4. Remember you usually only loose half your no claims if you have a claim so you might have 2 years if you were on four before.

I'd agree with Crusoe on the 123d, definitely worth a look. The 3 door we had on demo was very appealing.

When I had my E30 318is many moons ago, they were good for my insurance and I think Emergency Service was included at the time.

don't do it, if you have to go for a diesel the 123d is much better. Even cheaper to buy something older and petrol powered though, cheap nearly new scooby turbo is group 17 for the bug eyed one and spend the rest on fuel, or bmw own insurance was very cheap for me for a z4. Remember you usually only loose half your no claims if you have a claim so you might have 2 years if you were on four before.

i had 3 years ncb, i was only a few months away from getting my 4th and being able to protect my ncb.

am now on 1 year.

might pop into the bmw dealer and see what the 123d is like then. would prefer it in a coupe or convertible though.

What are VAGs new diesels like? I assume they are considerably more refined than their previous efforts imagine sitting there in your TT looking super smooth, put the roof down to woo some totty, and all you can hear is DAGADAGADAGADAGADAGADGA - not good!

Is this through a company car scheme? If not why are you leasing a brand new one?

Edited by Defcon5

What are VAGs new diesels like? I assume they are considerably more refined than their previous efforts imagine sitting there in your TT looking super smooth, put the roof down to woo some totty, and all you can hear is DAGADAGADAGADAGADAGADGA - not good!

Is this through a company car scheme? If not why are you leasing a brand new one?

nope, it's on a personal lease scheme over 2 years. £380 a month.

I saw a golf GTD today, that might be worth a look....the figures for performance and economy look pretty good.....i've driven a few of the recent golf diesels and they're so much better than other manufacturers.

Ed

might pop into the bmw dealer and see what the 123d is like then. would prefer it in a coupe or convertible though.

They do the 1 series in a convertible now and I think it looked pretty hot.

2008-AC-Schnitzer-ACS1-BMW-1-Series-Convertible-Rear-Angle-1280x960.jpg

This is an AC Schnitzer one but you get the idea. Bet it aint cheap though.

A3 convertible?

We have a TTTDI 170 Quattro at work. It's a lovely car to drive and has more room than the previous TT. A little more refined too.

I can't really comment much on the drive or comfort of the BMW, however I can say, If you do buy a BMW 123d, DO NOT get it remapped as you won't find a clutch that can cope with the torque for a fair while. A lot of the companies doing uprated clutches for them have had to scrap them as they just aren't working!

Mmm TTS

Was behind an old guy in a grey one today, he spent a good while finding the most secluded, car free space in Sainsburys car park lol

Altho it looked like it was fresh outta the show room

We have a TTTDI 170 Quattro at work. It's a lovely car to drive and has more room than the previous TT. A little more refined too.

I can't really comment much on the drive or comfort of the BMW, however I can say, If you do buy a BMW 123d, DO NOT get it remapped as you won't find a clutch that can cope with the torque for a fair while. A lot of the companies doing uprated clutches for them have had to scrap them as they just aren't working!

has the TTTDI you have at work been mapped?

basically i don't wanna end up buying one and wishing i'd gone for a 2.0tsi. I'm hoping 205bhp with 300 odd ft/lb of torque will go nicely, but obviously there is the 4wd system to sap power. i've heard really good things about the new 1.8 tsi, and that it can be mapped to 220bhp. i wonder what they are like on torque compared to the 2.0tsi.

i was more than pleased with my fabia vRS which was mapped, and that went very nicely so i can't really see me being disappointed with the diesel TT.

has the TTTDI you have at work been mapped?

basically i don't wanna end up buying one and wishing i'd gone for a 2.0tsi. I'm hoping 205bhp with 300 odd ft/lb of torque will go nicely, but obviously there is the 4wd system to sap power. i've heard really good things about the new 1.8 tsi, and that it can be mapped to 220bhp. i wonder what they are like on torque compared to the 2.0tsi.

i was more than pleased with my fabia vRS which was mapped, and that went very nicely so i can't really see me being disappointed with the diesel TT.

We didn't map the 170tdi as the guy who'se driving it really isn't arsed about cars what so ever. He's just our I.T. bloke. Just landed lucky when the boss chose company cars.

TBF, The 170's are quick as standard. But the 2.0TSI engines are absolutely fantastic!i If you're not gona be too bothered about economy, then definitely get the 2.0TSI!

2.0TSI's can be mapped to 245bhp with no other mods.

We didn't map the 170tdi as the guy who'se driving it really isn't arsed about cars what so ever. He's just our I.T. bloke. Just landed lucky when the boss chose company cars.

TBF, The 170's are quick as standard. But the 2.0TSI engines are absolutely fantastic!i If you're not gona be too bothered about economy, then definitely get the 2.0TSI!

2.0TSI's can be mapped to 245bhp with no other mods.

although it costs the same to actually buy the 2.0 turbo as the 2.0 diesel, to lease it actually costs more, i assume due to the diesel depreciating less. it's £40 a month more to lease the 2.0 turbo than the 2.0 diesel.