Most Painful Household Incident

lululupo

I think its a toss-up between dropping batteries on your foot and standing on a plug.

Ow :(

nope standing on a few drawing pin's that my mum had drop last xmas :(

Nothing beats finger, door, slam, no fingernail

Although slipping over in the shower can be quite painful

Falling down stairs ?

i face planted the stairs the other day was rushing and fell up them it hurt like hell

I have a nasty habit of stubbing my toes on furniture. i usually walk around bare footed so my feet take a hammering!

me too

my sister has a habit of leaving her hot straighteners in the hallway, they're always fun to stand on

I stood on a swivel office chair to try and climb in the loft. It swivelled, and I fell over the back of it and smashed my wrist when I landed on the floor. That's probably the most painful, or standing on planks of wood that still have nails sticking through them.

I stood on a swivel office chair to try and climb in the loft. It swivelled, and I fell over the back of it and smashed my wrist when I landed on the floor.

Owwwwwwwwwwwwwwww! I've stood on many a swivel chair and ended up having to "surf" to keep balance.

Caught fire.

:o Jeez Andi! I'm sure i've seen that pic before, but f******************************k.

Oh & my worst one was slipping with a stanley knife, cutting my finger open and ending up in hospital for 3 days because I'd severed the nerve and needed microsurgery. I spent the next fortnight in a splint.

Oh & then my stitches became infected. Woo.

Step on plug in dark; pins up, OUCH! Step back trip over dog as she's always behind me, kick dog, dog bites me! OUCH!

TSO shouts at me for kicking dog, ouch! I shout at her for letting the dog sleep upstairs: Especially as it's the dog who most likely put the plug in the middle of the floor anyhow.

How stupid can you get. TSO then reminds me it was me who let dog upstairs. ouch! (I still don't believe thta bit.)

Down stairs "in the buff, in a huff" (I'm a poet! YAY!) to make a cup of tea.

Decide to make one for TSO as a peace keeping effort, struggle upstairs with 2 cups of scalding tea, whilst trying not to trip over stupid dog who thinks I have a biscuit for her.

Stub toe on top stair, fall on dog, dog bites me, spill tea (remember I am naked!). OUCH!

And to top it all off, TSO is fast asleep and doesn't drink tea.

All the above in the dark, 'cause apparently energy saving light bulbs are going to save me a fortune and make the planet a better place to live in a couple of millenium. They make my life a misery. I'm going back to full fat light bulbs!

:(

:lol:

Ray, I'm honestly crying with laughter at that story! I'm sorry, I know I shouldn't laugh at the misfortune of others, but the way you tell it just made me laugh... :roflmao:

Thank you. Similar scenes are pretty regular on a Friday night after I have been out with the guys from work. Just replace the inert objects with other inert objects on which one can tread or stub.

i split my head open by tripping over a pile of my shoes, and caught my head on the radiator as i came down, knocked myself out, and woke up with a pool of blood next to me, that was one of the scariest moments of my life! and to top it off, the skin folded in on its self, and you could see the skull behind it! not nice! i have a scar across my forehead, which i keep covered with my hair ;)

apart from that, the stubbing of the toes are a b1tch :lol:

anyone ever burned their fingers on a hot toaster when they've gone to put it away? :(

I was also laughing at that Ray - you tell the stories so well :lol:

Ive sliced my thumb open on a CD Drive case before; that really really hurt, I still have a smooth line down the pad of my thumb from the scar :(

Got my hand stuck in the dashboard of the bora against a sharp peice of plastic trim. Every time I attempted to pul my hand out or free it, the plastic sharp trim was cutting deeper and deeper in to the back of my hand/wrist and eventually cutting into the big artery that runs along the top of my hand sending blood dribbling everywhere!

Took me just over an hour to clean all the blood out of the car :(

Burning myself on a soldering iron. Put my hand onto the table forgetting it was there... ouch.

Slipping on the stairs as a child and breaking all 4 fingers on my left hand, although my hand went numb and I didn't feel a thing.

I once tripped over while running up the stairs drinking a glass of milk. :wacko:

Bottom of glass hit a stair and jammed the rim of the glass into the edges of my mouth.

I didn't let the pain show though, no point crying over spilt milk.

:lol::rolleyes:

i once tripped over the door ledge onto a metal dustbin lid which was on back step (not sure if that counts) managaed to get the dustbin lid stuck in my knee and gettign it out by kickin it with other foot! was extremely painful! ended up having 10 stitches in my knee cap!

Tobes

I through an 8ft high climbing frame in the garden as a child...

Whacked my chin on the bars on the way down and bit clean through the centre of my tongue, it was only attached by little bits at the edges!

There was so much blood in my mouth I was then sick. Not the most painful thing I've done but it definitely put me off getting my tongue pierced for life!!