£30 fine

YIDDOX46

Just been pulled by the old bill for having pressed metal number plates £30 fine,gutted.Haven't they got anything better to do on a saturday afternoon.Thats less money for beer tonight!!!! :rant:

errrr, stop being a ****.

you knew they were illegal when you put them on, take the fine like a man and stop whinging. if you feel hard done by then put proper plates back on.

Edited by Adam K

+3

you expect sympathy? They might be able to catch some "real" criminals if you were driving about with illegal plates on!

Yes, I know that is hypocritical coming from me but I understand the risk and have paid the fine(s)... :lol:

Just been pulled by the old bill for having pressed metal number plates £30 fine,gutted.Haven't they got anything better to do on a saturday afternoon.Thats less money for beer tonight!!!! :rant:

Unless they were the http://www.dubmeister.co.uk/ plates they will not be properly reflective and may not pick up on the ANPR system. As the ANPR is about the main way they catch people that avoid paying car tax and insurance i would say they are in fact doing their job by fining you for not having legal plates. People that do not pay car tax and insurance also are more likely to commit other crimes.

Edited by Unheard

I used to be fairly on the fence with stylized plates, thought they looked **** but couldn't really be fussed either way.

Then ANPR came along and now I'm all for them clamping down on this. ANPR aids them in catching uninsured cars, and I'll support anything that helps that.

also, when a car gets pulled over the occupants get name checked and the car searched if anything seems suspicious. this leads to the likes of robbers, burglars, etc being caught, sometimes even with stuff they've stolen in the car.

therefore, pulling people over for minor offences leads to catching criminals, as they are the ones likely to be driving with no tax, insurance, or unroadworthy cars.

Guest Lauryn

I think everything I wanted to say has been said! You know theyre illegal, pay the fine and get over it! Then either put legal ones on, or keep the ones you have, but dont moan when you get more fines!

i drove round with my number plate in my window for about 2 months (because i crashed my car) i knew it was illegal and if i was pulled over i would of took it on the chin.

I find it amusing getting pulled for pressed plates!

Its happened to me three times now... if the traffics take another two pictures of my plates apparently I risk losing it.

Bothered? No.

Last time he hauled me out of the car, when he told me the "9" in my reg looked handwritten I told him it didnt say much for his handwriting. Then proceeded to give me the fine and ask me if I was going to change them, he looked astounded when I told him I had no intentions of changing my plates. Its worth the £30 just to wind them up when you get stopped!

I find it amusing getting pulled for pressed plates!

Its happened to me three times now... if the traffics take another two pictures of my plates apparently I risk losing it.

Bothered? No.

Last time he hauled me out of the car, when he told me the "9" in my reg looked handwritten I told him it didnt say much for his handwriting. Then proceeded to give me the fine and ask me if I was going to change them, he looked astounded when I told him I had no intentions of changing my plates. Its worth the £30 just to wind them up when you get stopped!

i dont get the point of been a nob to a copper as he is only doing is job just like you dont like it when a nob comes in to your work there's no need for it :rolleyes:

As opposed to catching real criminals? Its hardly crime of the century, is it?

Oh, and its spelt "knob" as rather than "nob"!

Edited by Gez MC

i dont get the point of been a nob to a copper as he is only doing is job just like you dont like it when a nob comes in to your work there's no need for it :rolleyes:

Well said Noddy, they'll only make it harder for you in the long run if you decide to be a nob to them on purpose!

Harder in the long run? Is this forum that gimpy that you all worry about being stopped by the police on the regular?

Providing your car is fully legitimate (apart from the plates), all your modifications are insured - there is nothing to worry about.

Think a few people on here seem to be lacking a sense of humour.

As opposed to catching real criminals? Its hardly crime of the century, is it?

his job is to stop people braking the law pulling you over for something you know is wrong and have been told about more than once i think he should be able to do you for wasting police time

a sense of humour whats funny about wasting tax payers money on a bloody number plate that you know is wrong

i like pressed plates but no way are they worth £30 fines every so offen

Edited by noddy