starbank

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(MattyB)

Damn, I need I also gotta add...

4. Porsche 993

the best 911's. smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

that means i need

1. a `tech-art` tuned 996 turbo

2. an RUF yellow bird

3. a 993 GT2

*dribble* :shock:

Matty, if we're on about porsches, how about this fine example..

aih.sized.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

aii.sized.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

And yes, that is peter964 with his keys in his mouth biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

Slight deviance here but my 4 cars I have considered buying in last year.

1. TT Roadster (actually talked through a p/x with my car but the dealer only offered me 8K for my car...after the 6K offer and me laughing in his face)

2. TVR Cerbera 4.2 (14K for good ones now)

3. Focus RS (fast and how well do they handle...edit ok not over the bumps then)

4. MK4 Astra Gsi turbo 3door hatch (been looking at these in carparks for a while now but its an Astra. Nice interior though, feels more special than the Focus RS which is basic and cheap with 2 fancy front seats and a starter button!)

So much for being sensible you lot, heh, heh!

A colleague of mine has a TVR Cerbera 4.2 and he loves it to bits. He only drives it when it's dry though because it's all over the place on the wet cobbled streets of Edinburgh! Sounds and looks tremendous though!

I note there are quite a few old classics mentioned and it reminded of my all time favourite when I was a kid - the Porsche 928. I loved that car. Reckon I'd be able to pick a good one up now for less than £10 somewhere. They were just the best GT out there at the time and would still be a pleasure to drive down to South of France in - or around Germany on the Autobahns!!

As far as being stupid today - I have seen one of those new Bentley GT's in Edinburgh and they look and sound amazing. I think one of them is owned by David Murray the Chief at Rangers FC.

Lupo Gti = future classic/cult like the Corrado.

Ah! Scaramanga, isn't it Andy?

LOL I still remember sitting in some pub with Peter (although he had his chipped GolfTDi with him rather than his Porsche sad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />) on one of the meets - think you were there, with Chris too? - And just not being able to get Charlie Higson out of my head whenever I talked to him!

Hmmm - can I combine the money for all three cars? Was in VW workshop last night having Loop fixed. Parked next to me was a new RS6 Plus estate in anthracite with matching wheels, and in have rear windows tinted. Looked amazing! (dribble) tongue.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

J

1. Polo G40 with the full works (kicking out somewhere in the 160bhp region with 160lb/ft)

2. Fabia VRS Diesel

3. VeeDub Derby, slammed and old schooled too f**k!

Best of all worlds there, your stupid fast, stupid economical and your stupid cool tongue.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

Slightly ontopic, but slightly not. Drove a friends new 1 series on friday night, and while its still a BM and I wouldn't touch it at all, the interior is fantastic and it was lovely to drive. It was a 120d and although blighted by a ****y auto box it really really shifted, and once going the tractor noises all dissapeared.

Looks wise, he'd got the bodykit and the MASSIVE wheels, which improved the looks, front is still odd but the back looks much better in the flesh. Rear seat room isn't as bad as the reviews have said.

And the cost, well, you have to pay over 20k for that engine, and with options his car was 29k. I nearly cried, how many other very very good cars you could have for the money! I should point out, that he does work for BM, so he didn't pay a thing, its a company car, but still, that much cash for that car! If the whole car had been 17k I'd be impressed and as a second car to an elise or caterham I'd be interested, but nearly 30k. Forget it!

QUOTE(AndyW)
while its still a BM and I wouldn't touch it at all, the interior is fantastic and it was lovely to drive.

you have to pay over 20k for that engine, and with options his car was 29k. I nearly cried......but nearly 30k. Forget it!

AdBMW****.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

sad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" /> Gotta say that our second car (after the Loop) is a 320d BMW saloon. It's the Edition Sport version with larger wheels/ tyres and lowered suspension, cd player, air con etc. Back in March '03 this cost £21k - not bad value me thought

Ok, it's still a BMW ......

J smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

QUOTE(twisty `b-road`)
pics?

21k for a 3 series is good

29k for a 1 series isn't

Thanks to Snoopstah's posting on how to put a piccy on this site:

DSC01778.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

Pictures of the little yellow peril will follow soon.

J