Top 3 car choices!

starbank

Although I am not even thinking of changing the Loop - just too much fun! I saw a Smart Roadster Coupe Brabus yesterday and I have to say it looked pretty special! A SMART that actually looked great, what's going on!

So, it got me thinking. IF you were going to change your Loop (or just get a second car!) what would be the top 3 cars you'd be considering? No going daft though! - no Lambo's, Bugatti Veyrons etc! Mine would be:-

1. Audi A3 3.2 V6 Quattro

2. New Golf GTi

3. Leon Cupra R

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Tigz)
Mine.

1.RX8  

2.Focus RS (I dont care what Clarkson says, Fords can be cool)

3.Megane Sport

wouldn't touch any of those :shock:

test drove a rx8 and it just didn't have enough go, combined with sub 20mpg questionable reliability from the ****le engine and they are far too common.

Focus RS, haven't tried one but on looks alone i'd be put off, chav image, hideous electric blue and back interior and most say the back road bumpy b road handling isn't up ot much either.

Meganne sport looks awful with a huge saggy ass sticking out and not enough changes to make it stand out over the standard model. Meganne is the new safety car of choice, never seen one driven quickly as they are all bought by ex volvo drivers IMO

I'd rather have a 1lr lupo and save up fro a year or two for something better.

1. Alfa GT

2. Elise

3. Fabia VRS

Depends on how much spare cash I had floating around... and if I needed to carry more than 2 people which one I would buy!

It's a fact that there ain't alot out there that smacks you in the face. Apart from the ones mentioned so far I think raiding the second hand market would be the best bet, so if you had £20k to spend you could maybe find an RS6, M3 or S3 hiding somewhere (in Jay Kays garage!). Forgot about the Octavia VRS - I always liked that.

The new Golf GTi is getting good reviews and it seems like VW have got there finger out with it - 200BHP and handles really well. The R36 will be an absolute belter!

would you rather have a R36 for about £26K with leather, 4x4, 275 approx bhp, 18" wheels, decent exhaust etc. or shell out £25K for a 200bhp FWD golf gti with a few extras.

spent about £22K secondhand at the start of the year, you want something with warrenty left and that won't brake the budget to run though which limits the choices a bit. Can get a really nice M5 or E55 merc but they are going to cost a lot to run if you do decent miles. Honda S2K or 350Z are will within range, Evos and Scoobys, 330d or 530d beemer makes a sencible buy, Alfa Gta, clio sport v6

1.Cooper S (common yes, but still a cracking drive)

2.Mk1 Exige (me and M1Lupo saw a orange one yesterday,I want!)

3.VX220

Though if we were being realistic I'd have to amend it to what sarah would let me have:

1.Cooper

2.Smart Brabus Roadster

3.Another Lupo GTi

in a perfect world.

1. beetle RSI [AWESOME CARS!!!! 8) ]

2. RS3 [if they make it, my dad keep pesterin our local dealer he wants one so bad biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> ]

3. R32 [with 996 turbo rims]

in the real world

1. mk1 polo [8&9x13's sittin on it's ass smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> ]

2. corrado VR6 [everyone should have one.]

3. mk1 passat [because they rock. biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> ]

My mate just bought a corrado VR6... yesterday he took me and a couple of mates to the cinema in it. Afterwards, it got as far as my house before the coolant tank was totally empty!! :shock: :shock:

He only got it 3 days ago poor chap! Hope it's just a hose and not the water pump - good job it didn't overheat too. 127K on the clock, but it's a jolly nice looking motor, and silly fast.

si [sps] had one with 170k on the clock.. he rebuilt the engine lightened and balaced it and sh*t.. went like a f*kin rocket biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> and they must be THE best sounding car this side of a 360. i know they tend to break sometimes but it's worth it just for the noise.

i fell in love with it. have wanted one so much it hurts ever since 8) .