Creatine..

electricpanda

why do people drink this crap? especially if you have heard that it ****s up your body! just eat a mixed diet! i dont understand this crap sorry!

I fully agree with you mate... but live and let live...

I like my crappy physique - skinny but fat all in one package, and with surprisingly large hand prints. :huh:

Why take Creatine when the body naturally produces it from amino acids just take a high grade amino acid

but be careful with the ones developed for body building as they can contain crap like preservatives.

Your best off feeding you body with the components to make something its self as it then can regulate the process.

The main benefit of Creatine is to boost ATP in the muscles and thats why you get a short sharp boost in performance.

I could tell you much better ways of boosting ATP in a systemic way rather than just in the muscles

Creatine is produced form 3 amino accids, Arginine, Glycine and Methionine its a natural thing in the body

but with everything balance is needed you can have too much of a good thing. To be honest very little is

known quite how all the amino acids functionin the body.

Just for an example or how important balance is. L-Arginine is a precursor to nitric oxide, nitric oxide is extremely important as long as other components it works with are present in the correct amount. Nitric Oxide works closely with Prostaglandins. You need a balance between Prostaglandins E-1 E-2 and E-3. Prostaglandin E-1/E-3 and Nitric Oxide can keep tissue flexible and elastic but Prostaglandin E-2 and Nitric Oxide at the wrong time can produce over collagen production of the cells to you and me that is fibroses.

Prostaglandin E1 is an inflammatory hormone its very important in the early stages of healing thats when you need the collagen production to build cells but after that its harmful.

So if you you were taking something with quite a high dose of L-Arginine you would also need to take omega oils that promote the production of Prostaglandin E-1/E-3. Taking a pain killer at the same time could also be very harmful because they are COX inhibitors. COX-1 inhibitors is responsible for the baseline levels of prostaglandins and COX-2 are meant to be selective towards the inflammatory E-2 but you still need E-2 if the cells are damaged and need the initial healing event.

By them self anti inflammatory pain killers are never good things but with higher levels of Nitric oxide messing about with them is more likely to be harmful. Its far more complex not even science understands how all of the processes work but some things are known and obvious. It indicates the fact that everything in the body needs to work in balance, you should not up certain components without adjusting the components that work in conjunction to them. You have to treat the body as a systemic system rather than individual components.

If you want to build muscle and be healthy about it you need to work from the ground up not just concentrate on the component of your body

that your focused on.

I could tell you much better and safer ways of building muscle and bulking up but it challenges what most people think so i will not

post any of that here.

ok ok my firends of club lupo. i will let youm into some secrets. creatin is somply the energy souce fpor you muscles if you want tio bulk up it's not gona do youa any favours. if you're planning on beastin you r friend s int some 100 meters ytep[ take some the night before. if you want muscle bulkage you gott ditch the fat anf carbs, get somethin like maximule promax or cuclone in you. prtoein., 'caue thats what you're made of. if you want more detAIL. pm me in the morning qwhat i;m not sodrunk... my degree is in sports biomedidicein atn nutirutuib i know what im on about with a few less guinessses.

apologise. it's wuite safde being on the foum in rthid state bu ti have nointhg better to do........ my girlfriend is still away in ireland where she lives you seee i'd be otherwise engaged this time of day but there's a ,ong bit of sea beteen us. sad i know. passoing out now.......,ltr.

Teaspoon (5g) of creatine mixed in with green tea is how I take it on non-workout days. Add it to my post workout shake on workout days.

I'd echo the sentiments that sort your basic nutrition out first before looking at supplements. Eat every 2-3 hours having protein (beef, chicken, turkey (my fave as it's so much cheaper than chicken), even make shakes from cottage cheese), loads of vegetables and healthy fats.