My Polo G40 > M45 > ?

LiamD

Only if the right offer comes along. It would actually be a good time to sell it, 12 months ticket and freshly rebuilt charger!

I can guarantee the only thing more fun than this car is sex... in fact it's better than sex with some of the girls I've had. It's just a very temperamental thing, which is not good for a daily driver.

:lol::lol:

I want a g60 badly.

What will take your g40s place tho?

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thats for Premium to know and you to find out ;):P

I know what i want him to have, but im sure he'll "do a liam" and come out with something fantastically random :D

Yes, how could i forget! Edited my post, dont want to give anyone ideas :lol:

Random is a good thing :D

:lol::lol:

I want a g60 badly.

What will take your g40s place tho?

I honestly have no idea. It would have to be something that matches the sheer adrenaline rush of driving the G40, it's got character not many cars can match.

I'd like to stay VAG but not much takes my fancy and I am losing interest in the "scene". I enjoy driving around and doing meets with my mates who own a variety of cars more than VW meets and scene politics.

I can understand why you want a G60, the noise is immense!

• 2 months later...

I've decided I should really update this for those who care, and John... so he knows what he's up against come Ed38 next year :lol:

I've purchased an Eaton M45 charger from Timbo off here.

A FMIC will be ordered on Friday (payday!) and I will think how to make it a bit more discreet.

Then I'm looking at injectors and the correct chip to suit the charger, I think I need G60 green injectors, but I'll be having a chat with SNS who do the chips to see what is required. I may need to change the cam but I hope not!

Next problems will be pulley sizes to get the boost right, all trial and error but I shall be getting help here.

Just a random snowy pic...

Photo-0366.jpg

100_4258.jpg

100_4260.jpg

If your doing DDR3 you want a subframe conversion not an eaton :lol:

:lol:

Very true, the car's getting built for drag racing and just straight line speed, not corners. Although I'd like to think it'll handle OK it won't be a patch on a sorted Loop GTi through the twisties.

The scary thing is, if I can get it to produce 180-190bhp, which I don't think is unrealistic, it'll have a similar power to weight ratio as a Mitsubishi Evo FQ 340, and a higher power to weight ratio than the majority of non turbo 911s :huh:

Isn't that over 200bhp? I know it runs 13 sec 1/4 miles so it must have big power. I'm hoping for low 14s... Milko's running a similar spec did high 13s but he removed a lot of weight from the car.

That'll be my Xmas 2009 plan I think. I'd need to spend a lorra lorra money to see that power, guess you'd be looking at forged internals, standalone ECU at the very least, never mind the turbo set up. I want to keep it supercharged anyway, just because it's got more character really.

The guys doing mine eventually want to turn it into a "big block", they've mentioned using a 1.6 block when we one day rebuild it. I didn't take much notice cos I think they saw $$ figures in there eyes. :lol:

Yeah its 200+ I used to have the suspension of Milkos car on my red square.

Theres a few 1.5 G40s being built. Dunno how many are finished though, Sallys was complete, it was only just done when I seen it and I only heard it on tick over but it was mint. Dirty idle in a ****y banged up black shell. I was reading an interesting article in a mag the other day down the unit about a big power G40. Like stupid 300+ power, but strictly speaking it wasn't really a G40 anymore. I think the only reason it was refered to as a G40 was because it was in a G40 shell. I'll try and dig it out and show you.

A friend of a friend, built a polo coupe with a cup car engine in it, running an eaton, and it was insane. He got a section59 pulling out his house because the wine of the charger even on idle was ridiculous.

Problem was he never got it set up right, the belt popping off, and he had numerous boost leaks. It was just overkill for the car. Shortly after he got it on the road the muppet didn't put a wheel on properly and wrote the thing off. Now he's got a skyline :rolleyes:

Need a vid of this badboy in action.

Found this video on my mates phone.

I have a play with the Leon Cupra R (around 230-240bhp) then he goes and races the very ****ing quick Elise (Barwell Motorsport tuned?)