Its hip to be square - The Polo

heartagram

Well the main reason I bought the Lupo was because I was wanting to tinker with my Polo more. Initially it was just to put a GT lump in it (was a 1.0L Fox) and give the body work a tidy up. Thats all changed as you will see :lol:

Started life as a 1.0L Fox, not interesting to look at so I never bothered taking pics. Bought it for £50 with the headgasket blown. Best part was it was literally at the top of my street and I had just sold him the GT interior for £70 to weeks before hand. So was already quids in, lol.

One of many times when Mitch came to the rescue, he sorted the head gasket. While he was there, I showed him a steering wheel I wanted to fit. So he sorted that out to with a bit of grinder happiness. Also got my iron cross mirror fitted and the G40 cup car suspension on the bcak. After this I got some 80mm springs for the front. As well as some ATS classics. Oh and some GT clocks I had knocking about. Quickly the car was looking qwerky and more like my car than just a car.

vwcentrecap.jpg

stance1.jpg

ironxmirror.jpg

Added a few little touches like the German passengers light (normally has a white reverse light, german one has a fog so they are symetrical) and also made use of a studded belt to cover up some holes.

studs.jpg

symetry.jpg

Decided to stencil a plate on for the crack

DSC00202.jpg

Sprayed the roof black, but it looks poo. BOO!

DSC00244.jpg

Put yellow headlights on it which looked ace. Looked quite unique then, wasn't to many people doing it.

obey.jpg

Got sick of being bullied by idiots in 4x4s so had a bit of arts and crafts day...

DSC00406.jpg

DSC00407.jpg

DSC00408.jpg

Did some chequered door handle trims

DSC00428.jpg

Added the communal rack which has seen many roofs in its time :lol:

DSCN8117.jpg

Got bored and did this :lol:

DSC00442.jpg

Make some us style side markers

2.jpg

Then added the white walls (this is my FAV pic of the car, just love it)

DSC00568.jpg

Contrary to common belif I was not on lots of drugs when I recovered my door cards :lol:

DSC00576.jpg

took lots of Kinder Egg eating but I finally got 2 Sponge Bobs!

DSC00674.jpg

Kitty says "Polo G40" ;)

DSC00642.jpg

Had some fun killing the 1.0L

DSC007601.jpg

DSC007651.jpg

Currently looks like this

Image192.jpg

Going for a fettled Polo G40 lump which will hopefully be around 150-160BHP. Bodywork wise anything that isn't needed is going in the bin. 1 seat, perspex windows, alloy fuel cell, all sealer and weight removed etc. Bodywork wise, not sure wha colour but pretty stock. Shaved reapeaters, Porsche door handles, frenched tailgate. Everything else stock. Getting a full wishbone subframe conversion and a HnR cup kit chassis wise. I went in a car with a stubframe conversion carried out on it and it was phenomenal how much better the car handled. Polo 3s aren't know for there handing, cause they handle pretty poorly.

Currently stripping the interior and working on the bay. Getting it all welded up. Shed loads of weight in the cabin though, so really happy with that. Just getting it ready for paint at the moment. I need to buy a few bits for my engine as well and then I can start building that up and trial fitting it in the car.

I should be saving up bits for this but I keep spending money on the Lupo which has made progress slow :lol:

:D

Edited by heartagram

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i was wondering if you were going to post up your square.

new lump will make it a bit more interesting performance wise, but a cool ghetto ride none the less

always wanted a mk2 breadvan.. in beige on some smoors :wub:

Well at least you didn't break dance on the roof of this one :lol:

lol i tottaly forgot about that, sorry mate i just realised i never even asked i just started doing spins n stuff..... :blush:

DSC007651.jpg

WTF happened there? :wacko:

If that was a mk2 and a Weber carb I would have to drive up to Scotland and deck you in the face. :P

If it was a Pierburg I'd let you off, but a throttle body? :S

Edited by Niche

Its a single point injection throttle body. If it was a Weber it would have got sold, nothing on the 1.0L SPI is worth anything so I killed it.

We poured a few litres of oil into the throttle body, a few litres of thinners, 250ml of primer, 250ml of hardener, about 2 litres of water errrm, other stuff to but it was over a year ago now so I forget. In the end it took 15 litres of water into the oil cap to kill it. Even then I think if I drained it all out and let it dry out for a bit it would have fired again cause the engine was still turning over on the key. Just wasn't firing. Rich ruined the fun by cutting the cam belt though. bloomin' ginger beards, can't trust them with out.

Its a single point injection throttle body. If it was a Weber it would have got sold, nothing on the 1.0L SPI is worth anything so I killed it.

We poured a few litres of oil into the throttle body, a few litres of thinners, 250ml of primer, 250ml of hardener, about 2 litres of water errrm, other stuff to but it was over a year ago now so I forget. In the end it took 15 litres of water into the oil cap to kill it. Even then I think if I drained it all out and let it dry out for a bit it would have fired again cause the engine was still turning over on the key. Just wasn't firing. Rich ruined the fun by cutting the cam belt though. bloomin' ginger beards, can't trust them with out.

LOL ! Your insane.

micky gave me the angle grinder.

I wanted to run it with the belt knackered but that would have meant draining the engine.

I always end up destroying something at the unit.

I want to try my airbag microwave theory again.