Petrol Prices?

Alex_225

Filled my Lupo Sport up earlier and bearing in mind I've used it to take me to the train station and back all week as well as a couple of other trips it, the fuel pump clicked off at £6.66!

Of course I carried on clicking until I had just over £7 in there as I've had numerous ocassions where it clicks off and the tank wasn't full. :wacko:

Have to say that considering the modifications it has its an extremely economical car to drive. I think its probably a combination of the fact that the journeys I do means it doesn't warm up fully so I tend to stick to below 3,000 revs. :lol:

Thats extremely good especially in a GTI.

I think its all down to their lack of weigh so if you drive carefully they're cheap. My old 1.4 Clio used to get 40mpg+ on a good run so thats not bad.

My missus Megane is a 1.6 and she got 52mpg on her last trip to my place and that was with the aircon on. Goes to show that if you drive carefully you won't shaft yourself when its comes to filling up.

Thats extremely good especially in a GTI.

I think its all down to their lack of weigh so if you drive carefully they're cheap. My old 1.4 Clio used to get 40mpg+ on a good run so thats not bad.

My missus Megane is a 1.6 and she got 52mpg on her last trip to my place and that was with the aircon on. Goes to show that if you drive carefully you won't shaft yourself when its comes to filling up.

I don't purposely drive slowly / economically, just normally. Im 19, not 90 so enjoy it while i can!

LOL..

This always baffles me... when my mum borrows my lupo...she manages to get 60mpg..

When i however try to recreate this...

Get nowhere close....

Hahaha.....

Heavy footage.... But the lupo loves it... still get about 40mpg.

So its still economical.

About the clicking off, Mine does that, but i no that if i have a nearly empty tank and it clicks at £5... no where near,

So....

Give it a little giggle and hey presto, the it lets me put a tank in...

However the clicking can b very annoying when it happens more then once and even stops me from puttin more in.

I found a little trick to gettin the most out of the pump...

Due to the lupos smallness...

You can stretch the hose to the other side.... and the fuel that rests in the pipe.... come out to give u an extra £1 worth.

Heckers :blink:

They are generally economical, I do find myself wanting to put my foot down just to get a bit more noise but somehow I refrain haha.

I've purposefully driven like an old granny in my old Clio 172 and got 42mpg round town but that was dull as hell.

I achieved 240 miles this week before the light came on!! was well pleased with that, first time, usually only get around 200 before it comes on! Phil how the hell do you get 300 miles?? I drove like a granny to get 240 never went past 60mph, was that 300 miles a motorway trip or something?

I generally get 160-180 miles from 3/4 of a tank, without using the hidden button thing to fit more in.

Usually around £25 to fill up from there with super unleaded. Not too bad I guess from about 22 litres of fuel!

A lot of my journeys are under 10 miles though, cutting down on these though with the push bike to work!!

300 miles, thats really good going Phil! Ah but of course, you have a red GTi like me, that explains it...... :shades: Did you use the expansion button trick, or was that with a normal 34 litres? I get 250 miles from mine weekly, the light usually flicks on just before that. Tends to be 38-40mpg, again like others I don't spare the whip if I get the chance, I just think that you can't drive flat out very often these days, there's always a little too much traffic around on the daily commute. Plus which, just imagine what would happen if you had a nasty bump? Is it really worth the risk.....

What annoys me is that my weekly mileage is about 250 miles, so actually whilst I get good mpg, costs have gone up from about £28 a week/tank, to £34 a week/tank! Thats quite a jump!

went and filled up tonight! £40!!!! FULL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! madness! and i had to cue for yeeears!

signed in as my mini brother! woops! :P

ben g

Edited by thom

Yeah, it was all motorway miles, only strayed over 70 a couple of times, I going to pick up some wheels from Wigan, so three hours each way. The wheels very nearly didn't even fit in the back of the car... :ninja:

I always used to get 180. Now being a bit more economical about 220 is average I think.

I did use the secret button but didn't put much in, fuel pump was being a gay.

Edited by Philplop