PROJECT CHARGED,Eaton m45!! 195bhp!

DUB JIMBOB

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

Cheers for the good comments.

Im running 2.0 8v golf throttle bodie as have to use a cable not drive by, had a bit of messing around with it to get it to fit properly.

Waiting for my pipe work and green silicone hoses to turn up now, still got to sort out an cable accelerator and exhaust, then she will be on her way down to storm to get the emerald k3 fitted.

I used a double sided rib belt which saved me alot of hastle with putting more pulleys in, i on added 1 extra pulley to route the belt to the charger.

Yeah got a pedal now cheers,

have'nt tried fitting it yet as have put standard throttle bodie back on as got to drive her to longlife to get the manifold put on and bent and exaust made and hope she makes it back with a decat without going mental lol.

Then will fit all the bits back on and get her trailered up to storm.

Yeah got a pedal now cheers,

have'nt tried fitting it yet as have put standard throttle bodie back on as got to drive her to longlife to get the manifold put on and bent and exaust made and hope she makes it back with a decat without going mental lol.

Then will fit all the bits back on and get her trailered up to storm.

If you wait a bit longer... storm will have finished there fly by wire throttle adaptor so you dont need to convert to cable. Its a pain in the arse so andy said. He said he spend three solid days adapting the pedal itself to fit on pauls before even starting on the cable or the mounting, but then you might get it done no problems.

He reckons a few more weeks to a month and they will be ready for us. Luckily im a bit further behind you (6 weeks lead time on the internals atleast) so i wont be ready for quite a while yet.

Looks really good. I like the double sided belt idea, I take it you needed to change your original tensioner for a grooved one?

john

oh man i want i new engine !! looooks sweet dude.. cant wait to see end result..has anyone ever done 1.8t conversion in a loop yet ??

how much do rek the whole engine conversion is gunna cost ?? give me sum idea what i need to save lol..

oh man i want i new engine !! looooks sweet dude.. cant wait to see end result..has anyone ever done 1.8t conversion in a loop yet ??

how much do rek the whole engine conversion is gunna cost ?? give me sum idea what i need to save lol..

You have a Gti, so you need internals ideally...So About £4200 ish all in if you do it all yourself bar the ECU work.

John

Ive already modified a throttle bodie to use a cable, just got to find room on the pedal box now for the cable pedal, there is no room under there at all, attempted to get my dash out but god knows how you do that,just don't wan't to come out lol.

I have put a pulley in for a ribbed belt

The conversion has cost me around £4000 i think inlcuding the bits i still got to get.

Edited by DUB JIMBOB