PROJECT CHARGED,Eaton m45!! 195bhp!

DUB JIMBOB

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

My trip to brighton was going good, until on the way back on the m23.

Was doing about 95 on the m23 on way home, until it all goes wrong, loose all power pieces of the engine are hitting the underneath of the car,

And look in my mirror and all i could see was blue some pooring out of the car so pulled over on the hard shoulder as quick as poss.

Looked underneath the loop but all i could see was oil, was hoping it was just the sump from where it hits the road sometimes.

Got her home an there is a huge hole 3" by 2" holen in the front of the block with a condrod hanging out.

Only had the loop about 3months an this happens, think i got a bad 1.

My m8 being a div with his teddys lol

30062008497.jpg

30062008498.jpg

Oil from the car that was on the hard shoulder

30062008499.jpg

Will post more pics up 2moz of the damage

Edited by DUB JIMBOB

Yeah new engine time.

Lol wish i could stick some gaffer tape over the whole.

Thinking of puting a lupo gti engine back in her, but not sure what needs to be done get 1 in a sport.

Anyone know?

I'm not being funny though, the car should be capable of hitting that speed. Not necessarily cruising constantly at it but within its clutches.

I've done a top speed run in my Lupo and hit a GPS verified 99mph which was about 110rpm (on a very save private road), admittedly that was a case of the car being warmed right up and only accelerating up to that speed and then slow down to about 65mph but it did it no problems.

Jamie - is it possible she was a little low on oil?

have'nt got a clue m8 as can't check now, all my oil is down the m23 lol.

Im thinking of puttin a lupo gti engine back in her, just waiting for tigz to get back to me on how much work is required.

LOOPLING

A lupo sport should do 110/115mph maxed out without the thing going bang.

95mph in a 1.4 what do you expect...

on my mothers life my sport clocks read 130 on the way to uni m6, inbetween j12 and j13, me and my mate in the car only time i ever maxxed it out, went into the limiter.

Clocks obv not comp accurate tho.

Shame about ur loop mate, hope it comes back phatter and phaster

Edited by ricoshay

Agreed that the top speed is a little higher that 95mph but if the engine was used more comfortably within its limits it might still be with us.

95Mph is hardly putting the engine under pressure, it was gona go sooner or later for it to go like that.

The car will be off the road for a while but will be alot faster when she's running again. Still not 100% what im doing to her yet.

95Mph is hardly putting the engine under pressure, it was gona go sooner or later for it to go like that.

The car will be off the road for a while but will be alot faster when she's running again. Still not 100% what im doing to her yet.

Agreed the engine is egineered to cope with that as long as maintainded etc you just go unlucky! :(

Good luck getting it sorted buddy its cracking looking wee buggy

your better off putting the polo gti engine in a whole lot easier to fit and a whole lot easier to find, cos those polo guys are always crashing into things

I'm with you on that mate, I mean this was probably in the pipeling and maybe doing 95 in it brought that on a bit sooner. But at some point it was gonna happen.

I mean lets be honest, 5-6,000 rpm is the same in 1st off the line or in 5th at top speed so could have gone at any point. :wacko: