PROJECT CHARGED,Eaton m45!! 195bhp!

DUB JIMBOB

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

awesome... hard look on the conrod though mate :(

mind if i ask how you mounted the charger? custom made bracket? also is that belt onto the charger pulley going to all the other pulleys or have you got a seperate one to run the charger?

top lookin loop though mate :thumbsup:

on my mothers life my sport clocks read 130 on the way to uni m6, inbetween j12 and j13, me and my mate in the car only time i ever maxxed it out, went into the limiter.

Clocks obv not comp accurate tho.

Shame about ur loop mate, hope it comes back phatter and phaster

same here, not 130, but certainly wasnt far off, just bouncin off the limiter!

Yeah using custom brackets for the charger, the ones in the pick are only going to be used as templates, still not mounted properly as waiting for my raceland manifold, shrik sent me an 8v not 16v, but was very helpful and now have a 16v on the way.

Im going to rap the manifold in heat wrap probs, so the charger does'nt get to hot from the manifold.

I did have a pulley made to drive the altternator and stuff with a seperate pulley just for the charger, but was to much hastle keeping the belt tight, so im now running the belt str8 off standard pulley with another pulley put in for the belt to the charger.

I did have a pulley made to drive the altternator and stuff with a seperate pulley just for the charger, but was to much hastle keeping the belt tight, so im now running the belt str8 off standard pulley with another pulley put in for the belt to the charger.

Wheres the drive for the charger coming from? off the alternator? or something else?

If its coming off the alternator.. what are you doing there? running two pullys side by side? one from the engine and one for the drive to the charger? is there enough room between the chassis and the end of the alternator for that?

Ive always wondered how it was accomplished.

John

No im running the charger str8 off the origional crank pulley which then goes round all it usual bits, ie alternator and then upto the charger,

had to put another pulley in placeto keep the belt tight in all the rite places.

• 4 weeks later...

Put camber shims on today, was alot easier than i thought it was going to be.

engine will be going back in soon, just waiting for 2mm stainless headgasket and my charger brackets, should have them in the week hopefuly.

Few pics

31082008060.jpg

31082008063.jpg

31082008064.jpg

31082008066.jpg

looks awesome .. good bye tyres though :lol:

I know lol.

Looks good though, got a spare 2 tyres 195,40,14's anywayz,

but will prob be needing them on the front once she's supercharged, going to be eating tyres all around the car not just the front lol