The GTi replacement....:R32 Style *updated 5/5/08*

db

As some of you know and some of you may have cottoned on, the Lupo has been replaced with an immaculate MK4 R32 3 door with leather, sunroof, side and curtain airbags in Deep Blue Pearl. It's the only car i was happy with replacing the Lupo for it's fantastic in every way (you forget fuel consumption when you're making noise :wub: ) As soon as i get the log books together and the reg transfers through the Lupo will be going up for sale, for the moment it's tucked up nicely in the garage nice and warm.

A few pictures that i thought you might like to see:

1846505098_65058c2228.jpg

1845686215_12af36c383.jpg

1845687587_d53de115de.jpg

1846500444_24c116b0fa.jpg

1846506452_933d5c8f3f.jpg

1845684383_895935d1bf.jpg

1845683119_8f6b54f81d.jpg

1794308296_c67886fefe.jpg

1793494449_34de978c49.jpg

:D

Edited by db

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@ Matty Gti : I can't say i've heard of collinite, but i'll look into it

@ Joe : Jealousy will eat up your soul if you let it Joe man!

@ vworks41: Hehe, thanks mate.

@Jermaine : The seats are fantastic, nicer than i thought they'd be to be honest. i just keep covering them in leather cream!

@Will : It wont be a patch on your elise as a drivers car :P But it does what is says on the tin very well, it's completely practical, the engine has shed loads to give - responds instantly. In fact the whole package is so much sharper than the lupo which i didn't expect to be honest, for a VW product it's a lot more focused than i thought they'd ever produce. The clutch is really sharp and takes some getting used to, launching smoothly can be a challenge without either bogging down or shooting off! Handling wise, it's better than the Lupo was on coilovers - even with the negative camber. Turn in is sharp, the steering more responsive even if it does suffer from being over light - something i'm going to see if i can adjust in vag com, it doesn't suffer from being vague which i sometimes felt in the Lupo, it's a lot flatter and rides better with it. I'm very surprised by it to be honest, as dad previously had a mk4 pd130 and that drove like a barge and was quite frankly hideous, but you wouldn't sit in this car and say it was the same model - they're worlds apart. So as a final note i love it.

@Chris : You should, it really pays off when you stand back and look at it!

@Swoxy : In short no, i pretty much answered this question above in my reply to Willcrook. However i think the Lupo was probably more entertaining......well at least until i get a haldex control module update, power oversteer, w00t!

@Sarah: Thanks, you'll have to lend me some of that P21s.

@Tom : Snap, although the MK5 is still a very good car, it's probably slightly quicker as well.

@ Dean: Thanks bud, get your lupo to ultimate dubs!

@Nic: Thank you very much, i'll trade it for your gearstick gnome...

@Jen : :rolleyes:

That is some serious road candy you have there dude - just sitting in the seats was like having a hug in all the right places. I miss chunky steering wheels!

Top class replacement from the loop :)

@MartyP : Haha, i've not even pushed it yet, it's very capable! :D

@Claire : Thanks.

@L119 UPO : I definitely think so, i'm glad other people do!

@Jon : I'll get some photo's of the MK4 and MK5 together when dad bothers to to give it a good clean! See what you think then! But yes the steering wheel really is fantastic mmmmmm.

@Chris : You should, it really pays off when you stand back and look at it!

Yup ill get round to it, need to do it soon before the winter really sets in dont it :wacko:

I'll get some photo's of the MK4 and MK5 together when dad bothers to to give it a good clean! See what you think then! But yes the steering wheel really is fantastic mmmmmm.

You have a mk4 and a mk5 R32 in your house? fantastic! :shades:

I thought i spotted one in the reflection in your car :lol: