i was caught

stevie_wonder

well guys and gals the time has come 4 all you speeding ticketteers to help me i already have 3 points (for speeding) and last night i was caught doing 56mph in a 30 i know it was wrong and i was a t.w.a.t but i was wonderring what sort of thing im looking at people are saying a ban because of my previous history of speeding but i have changed i just got a little lost listening to my exhaust last night in 2nd gear any help appreciated thanks

dunno but think i may have been cought on saturday too, was on the a1 doing bout 85 in outside lane in medium traffic and there was a police car parked in the hard shoulder with a camera facing out his rear windscreen, i didnt see no flash but am pretty sure it was a speed camerea and if it was, the guy in front of me was doing alot more than me!

I'd have thought you'd get away with a 3 pointer and a ÂŁ60 fine with that if our NIP file at work is anything to go by.

What I find very annoying is the lack of consistency from council to council and constabulary to constabulary. The UK system for speeding needs levelling so that you know what's what, rather than the whims and fancies of the local gendarmes.

And 56 in 2nd for any duration won't do your car much good (esp as it's a 6sp!)

Mine won't even do 56 in 2nd. unlike that pug 107 i got a loan of one time...

well iv got 3 points and its 12 and bye bye licence as iv been driving over 2 years now and put it this way my friend owes me as i saved his bacon by not letting the cops past forcing them to get me instead as he was doing roughly 80 in a 30 and has only had his licence for 3 months so hed have probably if not defineltly lost it so does anyone think i could lose my licence? bearing in mind im allowed 9 points

Yeah, no matter how much of a mate they are, their choice to speed so they can wrap the consequences.

I'd say 3 points and ÂŁ60 fine.

I dont no how true this is, but I did a speeding course to save myself from 3 points and a ban early in august and i was told:

In a 30 zone:

35-39 (if applicable in county) - Invite to Speed awareness course, if rejected 3 points and # 60fine

40-49 3 points and #60 fine

50+ Court Summons

Hope for your sake it isn't, but the 2 guys running the thing, although they were only free lance driving instructors, seemed to think that was the case!

i wouldn't worry about it, i've been caught for far worse and it's all ended happily ever after.

i went on a speed awareness course when i got caught for 35 in a 30, it was really really boring and taught me nothing i didn't already know, and it was populated by middle aged to old people, not really anyone my age. stupid thing is, i wasn't even meaning to rag it, i was just driving to go buy some lunch on my break from work.

well iv got 3 points and its 12 and bye bye licence as iv been driving over 2 years now and put it this way my friend owes me as i saved his bacon by not letting the cops past forcing them to get me instead as he was doing roughly 80 in a 30 and has only had his licence for 3 months so hed have probably if not defineltly lost it so does anyone think i could lose my licence? bearing in mind im allowed 9 points

Sorry, but call me an old fart if you want.

1. Your pal deserves a ban for 80mph in a 30

2. You deserve a ban for 56mph in a 30

3. You deserve a court summons for interfering with the police in the course of their duty.

On National speed limit roads I can understand speeding, but 30mph limits are set for a reason.

Oh and as BossJohn says you ain't doing your Lupo any good driving like that too often.

I hope if you get away with a ban this time you learn your lesson and slow down around town.

Ray

if worst comes to worst or you really don't want to be within one conviction of loosing your licence ask for short period disqualification they'd probably only give you a month i reckon if ya throw enough money at it you can get out of anythin just depends how deep your pockets are