MOT and low lupos (Pics Added)

nev

I need to get the mot done on my lupo before next month and hopefully before bj.

I took it in to a mot station and it wouldnt go over the rollers as we didnt dare drive it on due to the front bumper and the side skirts being smashed off.

Obviously if it dosent go on them to test the brakes then what you supposed to do?

Has anyone been in this position.

Everything is done now ready so all new parts and the rest should pass very easily

Edited by nev

i was refused a test with my sport as it was too low to get it on the ramp/rollers so i took it down the road and they were fine.

best bet is just to ring and ask smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

My beetle used to be too low to sit on the rollers, the mot place had a 'thing' they put in the passenger side of the car and drove it down the road. as long as it is up to standards it will pass.

Thanx for the info, Im going to try a few places and explain first, hopefully I will get it done and nothing else is wrong or Ill have to go to Bugjam in a citroen confused.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":confused:" border="0" alt="confused.gif" />

Ive got it booked in somewhere tomorrow for mot and wheel alignment and explained its quite low.

Hopefully it will be ok.

Just got the lupo back and it passed with the help of one of them footwell gadgets, the guy was laughing as I pulled away and got a scrape on the lip on the entrance. but was just the flaps which are comming off.

A few pics done today...

14072007138.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

14072007137.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

14072007136.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

14072007135.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

14072007133.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

14072007132.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

14072007130.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

14072007128.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

took my mk3 for an mot last year with like this last year

IMG_0167.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

IMG_0043.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

the tester just look at me shook his head then asked 1 question

'is it all good?' i say yes he fill in mot certificate laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

couldnt even get it anywhere near the ramp or brake tester and he just couldnt be arsed with the hassle shades.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":shades:" border="0" alt="shades.gif" />

My beetle used to be too low to sit on the rollers, the mot place had a 'thing' they put in the passenger side of the car and drove it down the road. as long as it is up to standards it will pass.

the thingy in the passenger side is called a tapley meter,is also used on range rovers and the like with viscous diffs as they drive straight off of the rollers!!!

very exciting

the thingy in the passenger side is called a tapley meter,is also used on range rovers and the like with viscous diffs as they drive straight off of the rollers!!!

very exciting

Knew someone would know the name for it!

Ive got it booked in somewhere tomorrow for mot and wheel alignment and explained its quite low.

Hopefully it will be ok.

HAHAHAHAHH!!! good luck! to get mine at 90mm at the front and 120/130 at the back allined , i need to put the standard wheels on and then put the coilover blocks back in and hten take it to get it allined and i still have to lift the car to get the front alinement gear on , once its on its fine but getting it on and off is a nightmare

and on a side note , if they do put the car up on the ramps , remember kids , if the springs fall out then its an MOT failure