Volkswagon Lupo 280BHP

L119 UPO

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

crap heap coffee.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":coffee:" border="0" alt="coffee.gif" />

it looks *****! why would you want that!

if indeed ian b built the car it should be nice, and 7500 is near enough what you'd get charged for said conversion so.....free car!

lol, its running rotor discs all round, so should stop fairly well.

Bit confused though as i thought ian birch stuck an s3 motor in, hence the plate, not a seat one..

Edited by andyp

Anyone want to buy a low mileage sport?! biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

It wouldn't take long at all to sort out the dodgy bits, don't see what's so bad about it really? You know if Ian Birch built it it's going to have been done properly.

It must've had something else done then, was built by Ian Birch in about 2002 i thought. It used to be covered in sponsor stickers. Definitely the same car though, i've got the mag with it in upstairs somewhere. Think it was the first Lupo 1.8T.

0.60 under 4 second and will go off the 140MPH clock and do a massive 175MPH

Only running at 1.1 bar boost. All you need is one adjustable which will take you to 400BHP

Raced the new Evo 9 XT 400 mapped to 429bhp and left him for dust ha ha ha he knows who he is!!!!

yes my friend , increase boost to get an extra 120bhp out an engine ... perfect way to blow it to smithereens

what brakes does this run?? must have some speed about it

G60 brakes all round,

Spoke to the owner the other day whilst down the vw breakers yard trying to get my mate a Cat for his mk4 gti (serious lowness + bump's = broken cat)

Yes its takky modded, but end of the day like tigz said its a 1.8T lupo, PERFECT project. It wasnt in bad nick when i saw it paint looked half deecent.

Jabba carryed out the conversion and he said he hasnt had one problem since it was fitted. Sounded the nuts tbh.

what about a new head gasket.. that sounds like a problem!

if it was a gti then it would be worth it... i am not a fan of the colour either.

this is a good opportunity to see the resale market value of this kind of conversion, i think it will be quite low price, certainly no where near £7k. half that i expect.

yeah, it's gonna go for 3.5k isn't it rolleyes.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

lay off the crack beech.

But not to flame anyone... i only really like the Gti.... if it was a gti i would buy it!