Silver!'s GTI

Silver!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Cheers. Not much at the mo.

Doing a 3000 mile + road trip in September, through France to Andorra, Spain and home again. Will be across some of the steep and twisty mountain passes, so am currently gathering the bits to upgrade my brakes.

Brembo discs all round (280mm G60 discs up front)

Goodridge s\s braided flex hoses

Tarox Strada pads

Motul Dot5.1 fluid

...after that I may consider Powerfllex bushes all round and my KW V1s are getting on a bit. I'll need to see how money goes as my daughter is getting married in October and TSO wants a new kitchen.

:(

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

Brake upgrade done; Brembo 280mm disks up front, Tar-Ox, pads, new calipers all round and DOT 5.1 fliud.

Rear have new discs waiting to go on, but someone sold me a HEL brake line that HEL don't actually make! So They the rears have been fully serviced, but the new discs and carriers along with the new OEM flexi pipes will go on at a later date, along with the new coilovers and poly bushes after my 3,000mile + road trip.

Whiteline rear arb fitted after being coated black. Set on the middle setting; see how it goes.

All working fine and braking well!

Here she is on route Leeds VW Fest a couple of weeks ago. All stickered up for the road trip...

gti01_zps8e189653.jpg

gti02_zpse5927112.jpg

gtirff_zpsfc58d93a.jpg

More details and donations welcome here: http://tinyurl.com/lp54b4s

silver!

• 2 weeks later...

Last week I drove 3,242 miles on a charity road trip through France and the Pyrenees to Portbou, Spain on the Med and then back through Andorra.

Total mileage is 63,7** now.