Casper's Supercharged GTi - MK Indy Hayabusa Turbo - 413bhp/243ftlb

CasperGTI

Nice, But mines orange :P

Thanks for all the commments, I just hope this thread helps people out who are wanting to do it or just dreaming about it...

Im not concerned about power aslong as its above 200, im looking forward to seeing how the headwork and bottom end work gets me. But ill just be stoaked to get it back on the road for the summer to be honest.

Ive never really done anyting this deep before, im learning every day, its awesome fun.

John

:) I influence people.

Atleast you are a good influence. I get told constantly that im a bad influence on my mates. Whether its from slight racing, getting them far too drunk or making sure they take some hoe home i just cant win :(

cam shaft tools should be in Wednesday, sadly we're open til 5pm if it helps!

the orange is mental! strangely seems to suit it tho......... and its better painted than my factory ''oh-s**t-someone-wants-a-red-rocker-cover-and-we-only-got-silver-quick-get-a-red-rattle-can-and-spray-over-once'' job on my car!!

No worries martin, im not in any rush at the moment for it... Prob come get it off you on sat if your in?

Im so annoyed i droped a bolt on it, its only a miniscule chip, but it actually warrants me putting another coat of paint on it! becasue im that anal!

your have to come see it on the way to no rice next month, gives you an insite in to the insides of your engine! Im only down the road..... well kind of!

John

Edited by CasperGTI

Few little bits.. not much of an update.

Painted the inlet manifold

P1020499.jpg

Painted the engine mounts, polished bolts etc..

P1020494.jpg

P1020497.jpg

P1020505.jpg

Camshaft alignment tool arrived, Its needed to put the camshafts back in and align the VVT to the correct part of the camshaft, an expensive but necessary tool if you want to change the camshafts....

P1020500.jpg

P1020501.jpg

P1020502.jpg

P1020503.jpg

P1020504.jpg

John,

what cams did you fit to it to need the tools? I'm wondering because i dont plan on changing the cams but do i need to remove them to respray/powdercoat the rocker? It'll be an arse without the tools.

Also now been told that the crank doesn't pick up the oil much on the polo GTI so reaping the benefits of a knife edged crank could be minimal (beneficial for high spooling of engine parts due to weight loss and higher engine braking)

keep me posted when your pistons and rods arrive, i'll place an order shortly after bud. B)

Knife edging makes it smoother running too, thats what im going for aswell.

Was at the autosport show yesterday, and spoke to the guy getting my pistons and rods and he reckons there on track for the first week of febuary. So hopefully i can start to think about putting it back together around then.

I took the camshafts out because i wanted to clean the housing, and i wanted to see how it all worked too. Im not changing my camshafts... yet

John

Bit of an updte.

Bought an helix autosport paddle race clutch, whch will be fun on the roads thats for sure! Should srrive monday, Stilldebating on weather to lighten the flywheel or not, the pros and cons weather to do it or not are the same, you increase something, but then loose out on something else. For example, you lighten the flywheel, this makes the engine rev up faster and slow doen faster, good for cornering. But it can make the idle more lumpy and pulling away harder.... im not sure what to do.

Started to put a few things back together, had to repair the starter motor and repaint it, fitted the fuel rail and injectors back together and put them back on the inlet manifold. Cleaned and painted the throttle body and refitted it.

Rebild time is getting closer, cams will go back in when my new bottle of camlube arrives. Basically as soon as the pistons and rods arrive, the final balance up can be done and i can start putting it back together. Im so excited about it now, could be thinking about putting it back in the car in one month from now!

P1020635.jpg

P1020637.jpg

P1020639.jpg

P1020641.jpg

John

Thanks to Al at Awesome GTI, my clutch arrived today.... its gonna be a fun bit of kit when its done:

This is the old one:

P1020647.jpg

P1020650.jpg

P1020646.jpg

P1020651.jpg

And heres the new one: 4 Paddle race spec clutch, on off full power starts ftw!

P1020662.jpg

P1020660.jpg

P1020658.jpg

P1020657.jpg

P1020654.jpg

P1020653.jpg

Edited by CasperGTI