Do you think the GTi attracts to**ers?

penry

I live in a town where there's an unbelievable amount of youths in

modded up little hatchs.

Some how i've never been raced or chased.

I should count myself lucky seeing all these stories here.

Then again i wouldn't mess with a car with a PEA plate cool.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="B)" border="0" alt="cool.gif" />

And just to add... If you want to beat a Lupo GTI

Drive a Starlet GT.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don’t understand why people would want to race but especially not a lupo gti. They are appallingly slow!!!!!! why does everyone on this forum think there 16v's are porsche/ferrari's funny!

And why do some people talk out of their poo box on here?

The GTi attracts all sorts...

1. You do get the ruded up saxos, which is quite often if you happen to live near Gravesend

2. The mid-wave pacers, that attempt at bullying a small car out the way

3. But i also get RS4s and M3s etc whirling around behind

Just shows how great these little cars are really, pulling looks from everywhere...got some beans too, beats most stuff round roundabouts and country lanes!

Wilko

mine always seem to attract the chavs in their chaved up saxo/corsas thats got a stupidly loud exhaust and hardcore music pumpin out the windows, revvin at me at traffic lights thinkin thier 1.2 can waste me.... obviously you soon have to sort that out, and show them up infront of their girlfriend! wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

106 gti's anialated them

got to be honest either the guy in the 106 wasnt trying or couldnt drive, as the 106 has more power, less weight and in all honesty having driven both handles a bit better as well blink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

got to be honest either the guy in the 106 wasnt trying or couldnt drive, as the 106 has more power, less weight and in all honesty having driven both handles a bit better as well blink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

the 106 has 3bhp less it handles better but overall you would be payin more insurance as its 2 ins groups higher

i must admit i do like the 106gti and it is quite a rare car

Around 2500 106 GTIs were made for this country, not quite as rare as the Lupo GTI wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" /> Although the 106 Rallye is a rare car and quite a cool little motor once you read about them.

Edited by Adam

106 Rallyes are like a rocket when you do the 16v conversion on them. Hold there value really well!

That was what I narrowed it down to when I was getting a car. Lupo and 106 Rallye. Ended up going for the Lupo cause its more refined and just generally has better build quality laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

Rallye owners always say its part an parcel of owning the car to be under it every weekend fixing something laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

the 106 has 3bhp less it handles better but overall you would be payin more insurance as its 2 ins groups higher

i must admit i do like the 106gti and it is quite a rare car

106 gti has roughy 126bhp/tonne compared to the lupo's 121bhp/tonne, so whilst there is barely anything in it, the 106gti should win in a straight line and round the twisties......

16v Rallye's are brilliant cars but as said comically unreliable these days

i've had a few of em before and raced my mates bmc and full exhaust system was dead even all the way till they both top out then i had about 1mph on him so must be slower or i must be michael schumacker lol what's the torque like on the two?

Do you think the GTi attracts to**ers?

seems to be a few on here with them so i'd guess the answer is yes wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

seems to be a few on here with them so i'd guess the answer is yes wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> roflmao.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflmao:" border="0" alt="roflmao.gif" />

• 4 weeks later...
i think alot of it is to do with the boyos in slower cars want to see how fast your car is because its got a gti badge on and an exhaust out of the middle shades.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":shades:" border="0" alt="shades.gif" />

i agree there

i always get ppl in right cack sheds that blatently have no chance giving it loads.

Yeah spot on, sometimes i just fancy something thats a sleeper so i just dont get all the fools giving it a go lol. Im 18 aswell, when my father drives the car he always says he sees people looking but noone has ever tried it with him driving rolleyes.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

i love it when we all meet up the hill and i get a saxo vtr driver ask me what engine size mine is and i reply "its only a 1.4" then they reply "wana race?" , yep wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />. haha my car will grill up so easy on roads around here its stupid but when the pirellis are warm hehe see ya saxo! there faces are a picture wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" /> its the ****** i got beat by a 1.4 i need to sell my car hahaha 318 beemers are another one see ya haha. had a civic 1.6 type r wana be pull upto me at a set of lights givin it all the rev had great pleasure allialating him haha its all about power to weight wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />. my mates 106 gti only caught me top end, they go to about 130 ish mine stops at 125 so he had me there. but for a car thats group 5 insurance as apposed to a group 13 thats impressive imo smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Edited by eXXXtreme arosa

i love it when we all meet up the hill and i get a saxo vtr driver ask me what engine size mine is and i reply "its only a 1.4" then they reply "wana race?" , yep wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />. haha my car will grill up so easy on roads around here its stupid but when the pirellis are warm hehe see ya saxo! there faces are a picture wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" /> its the ****** i got beat by a 1.4 i need to sell my car hahaha 318 beemers are another one see ya haha. had a civic 1.6 type r wana be pull upto me at a set of lights givin it all the rev had great pleasure allialating him haha its all about power to weight wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />. my mates 106 gti only caught me top end, they go to about 130 ish mine stops at 125 so he had me there. but for a car thats group 5 insurance as apposed to a group 13 thats impressive imo smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

without going too off topic a 106 gti/ saxo vts driven properly will kill a sport in nearly all aspects and keep with/beat a lupo gti so dont know whats wrong with your mates

and from what iv been led to believe them 1.6 v-tec type s civics arent that slow either although i could have been misled on that one

wayne

typ s are not as quick as sports my friend has one and i can anialate him every time! vauxhall astras make me laugh had a chav in a 1.8sri revving the t**s off of it at the lights at the bottom of harbour hills in barnsley, completely wiped him in the sport! should have seen his face! haha!

LAAAAMMMEEE

A sport? yeah yeah

peugeot 106 gti: 0-60= 8.2 proven standing quarter mile= 16.5 dry weight 2119 lbs bhp= 120 torque= 107

volkswagen lupo sport: 0-60= 8.8 standing quarter mile 20.5 dry weight 2088lbs bhp= 100 torque= 92

that kinda proves they couldnt drive!

Edited by scotty