I don't own a car, and I can't even drive (:(!!!!) but I love those little Lupos!!!

niklar

Thye make me squee with joy whenever I see one and have to cry out "a Lupooo!!!" in the silliest voice ever, causing much embarrasment to those I'm with, but I don't care, they're just so cute with they're big eyes! eek.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":eek:" border="0" alt="eek.gif" /> Am I the only one they have this effect on? ermm.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":ermm:" border="0" alt="ermm.gif" />

Anyway. I really really want a Lupo. But although I try, I am hopeless at anything to do with cars. So I have no clue what to go for, I instantly say I want a gti, but that's just because I want a car that will be on a par if not better than somebody I know's mk4 Polo 16v, I just want to make people jealous haha. But could any other models or whatevs. be good? Are the 1.0s really that bad? They're the only ones I ever see up for sale! And what is the name of that amazing bright green colour? And the nice light blue?

I think there should be a Lupo charity dedicated to getting me a zoomy Lupo!:)

i think you need to change your medication!?

the blue is called Soft Blue, not sure about the green...

a 1.4s will be definately on a par with your mates polo as they're 16v i think.

GTI at 17, no chance.

but hi and welcome!

Thye make me squee with joy whenever I see one and have to cry out "a Lupooo!!!" in the silliest voice ever, causing much embarrasment to those I'm with, but I don't care, they're just so cute with they're big eyes! eek.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":eek:" border="0" alt="eek.gif" /> Am I the only one they have this effect on? ermm.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":ermm:" border="0" alt="ermm.gif" />

my girlfriend and i use to do that that, we would shout Loooopooo for the lupo Poooloooo for the polo

really short mini for the classic and longer for the bmw, and some others for other cars

paxo for the saxo...

another friend has a game where you have to spot minis when you see one you shout it out and hit the other people in the car because they didnt spot it first

lol its not the safest of driveing games but then she is a total wacko.. wacko.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":wacko:" border="0" alt="wacko.gif" />

why not get a TDI?? i would if i got another

The Lupo Sport 1.4 16v which has 100bhp has the same engine as your mates Polo 16v, that is if his/hers is the 100bhp model, as i believe they do a 75bhp 16v aswell, which is what the Lupo S has in.

Lupo S - 1.4 16v - 75bhp <> Polo SE (mk5) - 1.4 16v - 75bhp

Lupo Sport - 1.4 16v - 100bhp <> Polo 16v (mk4 and mk5) - 1.4 16v - 100bhp

Hope that clears it up for you.

Welcome

1.4 sport is the one you want if you want at of speed but to young for a gti, or the tdi sport it another little sporty number but are abit ££ and hard to get hold of

biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

Hooray. Thanks, yeah I probably do need to lay off the sugar a bit! But thanks for the help.

I'm a whole one year olderthan 17, did I get my birthday wrong?! huh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":huh:" border="0" alt="huh.gif" />

Anyway, that's a lot of help, wow diesels aren't instantly bad? (really really thick, blonde comment I know) See I really do have no idea when it comes to cars! Are they as expensive as GTi?ohmy.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":o" border="0" alt="ohmy.gif" />

Yeah I think it's the 100bhp.. Goes like a machine!

Yeah I play the Mini poke game! Also the Polo or Golf game, it has a really cheesey theme tune..

Maybe I really do need medication!!!!

I'm going to have a Lupo by the end of the year, it's my goal:)

Edited by niklar

I've got one of those fantasia green 1.4 16v s's.

It's the 75 bhp model but it pulls like anything through the first few gears.

And also drove around for a few weeks in the 1 litre model which isn't that bad.

Motorway cruising is reasonable and petrol is ridiculas laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

Also insurence is the main factor you should concentrate on.

They love fresh meat.

Oh and of course welcome to the club!

Edited by MartyP

Ooooooh. It's that snazzy green I want! I think I've only ever seen two Lupos for sale by me:( and there wasn't a single Lupo in Auto Trader/Freeway yesterday! Stupid VW stopping production, WHY?

Yeah I think my insurance is gonna be expensive anywa whatever I get, but I guess I get some discount for being a girl most of the time tongue.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" /> yay for sexist insurers! Or there's always that random VW only insurer in Wales that I can't remember the name of but Polo friend is with them.. they're good, and aren't very strict (if at all) about any mods! And I think Polo friend is wanting to get their hands on my Lupo when I get it! hehe.

I will have a Lupo one day, I absolutely have to! And when I do I'll post and stuff and get help (because I obviously need it)

Do you have meets like once a month like ClubPolo?

Well basically being a girl you are deffo going to save abit of money!!

For some reason (obviously because your better drivers tongue.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" /> ) insurers love women drivers.

Keep your eyes on the sale forums here.

This is where i bought my Lupo smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

And the odd bargain comes up here and then.

The club is split across the country. Most of the meets happen up north by the looks of it.

If your from wales ( Near me ) there's meet like So-Wal and Newport Edition.

Which are monthly.

I'll be there this 1st april at the newport edition meet.

Apart from that theres the big summer thing which club lupo attends every year in large numbers! ( Edition 38 )

Edited by MartyP

Well basically being a girl you are deffo going to save abit of money!!

For some reason (obviously because your better drivers tongue.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" /> ) insurers love women drivers.

Keep your eyes on the sale forums here.

This is where i bought my Lupo smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

And the odd bargain comes up here and then.

The club is split across the country. Most of the meets happen up north by the looks of it.

If your from wales ( Near me ) there's meet like So-Wal and Newport Edition.

Which are monthly.

I'll be there this 1st april at the newport edition meet.

Apart from that theres the big summer thing which club lupo attends every year in large numbers! ( Edition 38 )

Well there's no "girl" in the term "boy racer" is there. So off course all women drive sensibly. wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

That's a good idea thanks!!

Well Wales is a lovely drive away, so when I get my Lupo i'll be sure to come so everyone can laugh at me, seriously.

Is that the All Types show thing you're talking about?

Edited by niklar

• 2 weeks later...

ill just throw the word "arosa" into the mix wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

look into one of them there cheaper than the lupo but just as good if not slightly better in the styling department imo.

wow diesels aren't instantly bad? (really really thick, blonde comment I know)

As standard the TDI is quite nippy...

When remapped there simply amazing what power you can get out of them, especially for 3/4's of an engine lol.

can you two just stop it with the "i can go anywhere and not notice the guage move" i'm panicking i'll become obsessed with fuel economy once i return to petrol. huh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":huh:" border="0" alt="huh.gif" />

maybe i should just tdi the loop confused.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":confused:" border="0" alt="confused.gif" />

can you two just stop it with the "i can go anywhere and not notice the guage move" i'm panicking i'll become obsessed with fuel economy once i return to petrol. huh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":huh:" border="0" alt="huh.gif" />

maybe i should just tdi the loop confused.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":confused:" border="0" alt="confused.gif" />

Ooh, could you imagine the fun of a 2 litre TDi in a lupo smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

ill just throw the word "arosa" into the mix wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

look into one of them there cheaper than the lupo but just as good if not slightly better in the styling department imo.

But where are their cute little faces?

Seriously, I'm almost obsessed with the cuteness of Lupos. It breaks my heart when people put those mean looking bonnets on them:( I think someone should give theirs false eyelashes.. Maybe that's taking it a bit far..

Mm fuel economy, makes sense for me! I hate spending money on anything necessary like fuel!

I fear the Lupo might have to wait until late this year, maybe even next year:( Unless anyone's ever tried living in their Lupo?.. What was it like? tongue.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

welcome to the club smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

i had a fantasia green 1.0l loop for my first car and he was excellent. learnt alot without really having the power to get myself into trouble, but the kick was there when you needed it and he was very comfortable on motorways.

i also have an unnatural obsession with lupos and always flash other drivers of them (with the car lights...) but unfortunately most of the time the drivers are old grannies and just look at me like im mad

Jen x

• 2 weeks later...