Anyone else ordered a PS3 ??

RallyeBaz

Not sure about the PS3. My PS2 broke and I would have bought another, great piece of kit...but I bought a 360 instead, mainly because a load of my mates have one and Live is fantastic.

But anyone who buys a PS3 on launch must be nuts or loaded. I'll give it 12 months, wait till theres actually some games worth owning then think about buying one. Now most of the games are dual-format its even worse for Sony - remember how many PS2's sold on the back of GTA3? Even thats dual-format now...

The main standard fan-boy defence seems to be the Blu-ray, but I can't see any reason for it. I'm pretty sure its well documented that the difference in quality between HD-DVD is almost negligable on 42" screen or less...1080P is such a massive resolution that even expert eyes struggle to see the difference.

Plus, the majority of the public couldn't give a shit about 720P, 1080i etc. They just want something that looks nice, and thats the main reason LCD screens sell. I don't think Blu-ray can survive on the PS3's backing alone...

As for everyone who says "OMG, GT4/5/6 will be amazing!" ... no it wont, it'll be the same old arcade racer as GT1/2/3 but with prettier graphics....and if one more person calls it a 'driving simulator' their opinion on this forum will no longer be valid.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Holy crap Matt laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

I did preorder one but cancelled as I want to sort another car. Im playing my best mates one all day tomorrow.

I've disided to wait for GTA and then buy it (love that game). Oh and Microsoft can p¡ss off, the day I pay for any of its products is the day Andi finishes his Lupo laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> (sorry for the dig mate)

Edited by Ramirez

Collected mine this morning.

Motorstorm is awesome but tricky. Crashes are annoying like Burnout. Fall of Man is awesome. Love the Bullseye weapon.

Having a nightmare contacting the PS3 to the Playstation store. Getting error codes 80710102 or 80028EA5.

Using AOL broadband with a BT 105 voyager DSL moden and running the ethernet cable from my PS3 to the Laptop, then the Laptop connects to the modem.

Done some research and changed IP settings and DNS codes, but to no avail.

Any ideas ??

Collected mine this morning.

Motorstorm is awesome but tricky. Crashes are annoying like Burnout. Fall of Man is awesome. Love the Bullseye weapon.

Having a nightmare contacting the PS3 to the Playstation store. Getting error codes 80710102 or 80028EA5.

Using AOL broadband with a BT 105 voyager DSL moden and running the ethernet cable from my PS3 to the Laptop, then the Laptop connects to the modem.

Done some research and changed IP settings and DNS codes, but to no avail.

Any ideas ??

First PS3 bug confirmed?? laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

I went in GAME today, some customer says to the bloke behind the counter "So, sold all your PS3's then?"

To which he gives him a funny look and says - "You must be joking - we've got loads piled up in the back. We haven't sold anywhere near as many as we thought"

TBH I am suprised - I only popped in as I noticed the "PS3 in now - limited stock!!" in the window and I hoped there would be one on demo.

I'd also like to point out that if Sony sold one for £200 without the Blu-ray player I'd be right down there now picking one up myself. I just think they've dropped the ball on this one.

First PS3 bug confirmed?? laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

Yawn.

The PS3 needs to work in sync with your PC if you dont have a wireless router, which is bad enough getting the your PC to connect to the net with the correct software.

Ordered a wireless router from AOL.

My only gripe is not enough online Support from Sony to fix the problem.

Yeah, my mate works in a games shop, and they had 17 pre-orders and 36 left over. But told me to keep it quiet. So shhhh.

No problems with ours, connected to the net and everything straight away. I had a quick go on the GT demo and had a play on Lemmings this morning. Using that modern technology to its full potential. laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

I heard that something like 60% of PS3s in France are unsold! LOL. Far, far too expensive, and not worth the premium over the 360. Was looking at footage of Forza 2 earlier as well and it blows GT HD out of the water. No way I'd buy a PS3 unless it was significantly cheaper than a 360.

I bought one at midnight on the launch night and was returned by 9.30am next morning as they were not sold out and couldnt make any cash on ebay! Bring back the wii and 360 launch!

I was the first to return one in the UK to any HMV store!

I bought one at midnight on the launch night and was returned by 9.30am next morning as they were not sold out and couldnt make any cash on ebay! Bring back the wii and 360 launch!

I was the first to return one in the UK to any HMV store!

Why did you buy one?

Why did you buy one?

I think he saw it as a quick way of making some extra cash, but seen as they haven't sold out he might aswell just get his money back.

i'm still waiting for amazon to deliver mine, should arrive later or tomorrow. i had 3 on order but canceled them as i predicted they would not be in demand to make money on. looking to get a sony bravia hd tv soon to make best use of ps3 and bluray. shame not many films on the bluray though.

been to the shop to check out what games i could get, only ridgeracer and virtua fighter are in HD the rest are all 720p. thats a big let down. i dont want to buy a hd ps3 and sony tv and have half quality games. bummer.

been to the shop to check out what games i could get, only ridgeracer and virtua fighter are in HD the rest are all 720p. thats a big let down. i dont want to buy a hd ps3 and sony tv and have half quality games. bummer.

that sounds poor as a stat, but whats the actual difference when you look at it?? i'm sure HD gaming, is HD gaming and it will all look the same right??

that sounds poor as a stat, but whats the actual difference when you look at it?? i'm sure HD gaming, is HD gaming and it will all look the same right??

720p on an HD telly is still pretty impressive. The newer gameswill be coming out in 1080i though, so it probably won't be too long.

I have no idea what all this 720p and 1080i is, mind.

just had a read up, and basically...

1080i is a clearer resolution but gives a slower refresh rate (would show a still image clearer than 720p)

720p is slightly less clear, but offers a faster refresh rate (which is ideal for fast moving games)

For example, US sports broadcasting channels broadcast in 720p because of the crystal clear image and the faster refresh rate, which is ideal for the fast moving image on the TV.

This is my conclusion after a 10 minute read up, hope it helps!!

IMO 720p is better for games than 1080i

obviously the higher number is the higher resolution, but come on HD is HD, both are going to be as good as each other to our eyes.