Bumper Mod - There Done only took 8 months

Mr ColinG

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks cool, however I take it you'll be doing the mods to 'other' bumpers.

'Cause if you sell your baby on I assume you'd keep your DUB plate and then standard plates won't fit!

R

do it, full flush has been done, but you'll have to leave the plates on if you come to sell on.

do it, full flush has been done, but you'll have to leave the plates on if you come to sell on.

Just what I thought, got to be a wee bit different.

I would source donor bumpers same as I did with the boot, so if you know of any wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

Shortened plates are perfectly legal, the law states the minimum area around the letters, but not the overall size of the plates. The only thing I'd be worried about is it drawing more attention to the German plates.

Where do you get short german plates from, I was planning to shorten my recesses. Before I get branded an imitator. wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

My concern would be "those not in the know" thinking it's an import, but otherwise go with it.

A quick edit just to find ouf it you've confirmed you can actually get plates made up in that size? I know they're legal so long as the minimum space between the edges and the letters is kept, but doing anything out of the norm these days just seems to be so much harder....

Deek.

Edited by dxg

i got mine in worthersee smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Awesome modification, a BIG yes from me. biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

I think they only do short metal pressed plates in one size, mine are 420mm.

I can get short UK plates which are 370mm and perfectly legal, I would also look at short German plates,

Just need to source GTI bumpers tongue.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

• 6 months later...