115 Mph on Dual carriage way

Putney

A friend of mine got done for 115 mph on a dual carriage way.

Needless to say he has had it coming for ages! I do believe Durex do some kind of warming gel now? Can anyone confirm if it is any good? He has never felt the long arm of the law!

Lube

laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> coffee.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":coffee:" border="0" alt="coffee.gif" />

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Word on the street is that they do a numbing gel now.....

Its called nitromors! laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

Speed Awareness course minge.

they chat **** though

the woman on the course i went on told us you save more petrol doing 30 in 3rd than you do doing 30 in 5th in modern cars.

she also told us camera's in our area dont take photo's from the front of the car.

thanks to the 2nd bit of advice i now have 3pts on my license

No not me. I was doing 150 from brent cross to st albans on the m1 so i should get mine in the post shortly! wacko.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":wacko:" border="0" alt="wacko.gif" /> coffee.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":coffee:" border="0" alt="coffee.gif" />

they chat **** though

the woman on the course i went on told us you save more petrol doing 30 in 3rd than you do doing 30 in 5th in modern cars.

she also told us camera's in our area dont take photo's from the front of the car.

thanks to the 2nd bit of advice i now have 3pts on my license

I found it pretty informative tbh, well parts of it.

Remember, its not "speed" camera, its "safety" camera lol.

i found this webshite the other day where you sign up for 99squids a year and they'll represent you in court and stuff i'll post it later when i'm on my own computer but there is almost always a way of getting away from it if not just keep asking for different pieces of evidence until it's over the six months that they have to prosecute you within i don't see why 100 is an instant ban in the correct circumstances i'd say 100+ is perfectly safe

i found this webshite the other day where you sign up for 99squids a year and they'll represent you in court and stuff i'll post it later when i'm on my own computer but there is almost always a way of getting away from it if not just keep asking for different pieces of evidence until it's over the six months that they have to prosecute you within i don't see why 100 is an instant ban in the correct circumstances i'd say 100+ is perfectly safe

You may think its safe, but its not legal and thats what counts wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

if it was a cop car and the roads were empty they'd have probably let you off i always just say someone tried to car jack me and i was getting away from them

http://www.keepondriving.co.uk/

think they will give you legal advice and stuff well worth 100squids if it saves your license

Just don't 100mph+? Easiest way to avoid an instant ban in my eyes. Yes we all speed at one time or another, but i always say that if you are doing over 100mph and you haven't really got a valid reason for it (hospital emergency etc), you're asking for trouble. I also value my license too much to do that type of speed.

A friend of mine said that if taking your license off you is going to make you lose you job (i.e. you can't get to work) they can't do it because it's in the interest of the public to have as many people working as possible.

Makes sense!

30mph+ over the maximum limit is a ban, Im sure. Well I got told by the woman at the Speed Awareness course minge.

Really depends, some regions have a zero tolerence. But banning somebody from driving can mean they loose a good job, they may have children etc.

Youll find the courts will generally much prefer to give you a hefty fine and load your licence with points, so you have a second chance and they get some revenue. Providing you wernt doing something extremely dangerous and you have the right attitude.

But if for example your an antisocial that has no job, no kids, turns up in court with a defyant attitude, then your clearly a danger to yourself and other road users and theyll throw the book at you.

Edited by LoopGTI

Really depends, some regions have a zero tolerence.

I think my area must be like that. I know someone who got cought doing 31 in a 30 zone, and ended up with 3 points. Absolutely ridiculous wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

I hope its not though, might just have been an awkward police man. I think they should bring the old rule back in, well i think it was a rule or was it a mith? the 10% + 2 or something. Mind that wouldnt help if you were doing 100+ wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

Chris

I think my area must be like that. I know someone who got cought doing 31 in a 30 zone, and ended up with 3 points. Absolutely ridiculous wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

I hope its not though, might just have been an awkward police man. I think they should bring the old rule back in, well i think it was a rule or was it a mith? the 10% + 2 or something. Mind that wouldnt help if you were doing 100+ wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

Chris

WTF? 3 points for doing 1mph over the limit.

Its not a myth, its 10% over then + 2, but thats dependant on the area and the constabulary.