Unbelievable - Anyone live in Hatfield

RallyeBaz

Waiting at the Tesco petrol garage in the drivers seat while the misses is paying. Sitting there in the Micra and the car suddenly rocks sideways. Looking around I thought it was a strong gust of wind. Look to my right and some guy was trying to get past and has hit the rear bumper. Before I could open the door the guy just drives off without stopping. Got out the car and he's scuffed the paint on the bumper. By the time the misses turns up he's gone.

Unreal angry.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":angry2:" border="0" alt="angry.gif" />

The car was a Silver Astra Coupe.

Luckily for him I was not in the Lupo.

Edited by RallyeBaz

Heres the HPI report on the car... hope it helps... as you can see its on finance.. might be able to track it though there..

MAKE VAUXHALL Year of Manufacture 2001

MODEL ASTRA 16V BERTONE No. of Former Keepers 3

ENGINE SIZE 1796 cc Start Date Of Current Keeper Change 05/09/2006

COLOUR SILVER Previous Colour

FUEL Petrol Date Colour Changed

DOORPLAN Coupe Wheelplan 2 Axle Rigid Body

ENGINE No. 20U61275 Gross Vehicle Weight 0(KG)

TRANSMISSION 5 Speed Manual Petrol Exported No

DATE OF REGISTRATION: 01/08/2001 Non EU DVLA Import Marker No

CO2 RATING Scrap Marker No

Click here for the CO2 Vehicle Excise Duty Band

Recorded against VRM

Recorded with NORTH HERTS CREDIT COMPANY

Phone No 01462 499512

Description VAUXHALL ASTRA COUPE BERT

Reference H006678

Type Hire Purchase

Date 07/09/2006

smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Knob (him not you that is lol)

laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

Heres the HPI report on the car... hope it helps... as you can see its on finance.. might be able to track it though there..

MAKE VAUXHALL Year of Manufacture 2001

MODEL ASTRA 16V BERTONE No. of Former Keepers 3

ENGINE SIZE 1796 cc Start Date Of Current Keeper Change 05/09/2006

COLOUR SILVER Previous Colour

FUEL Petrol Date Colour Changed

DOORPLAN Coupe Wheelplan 2 Axle Rigid Body

ENGINE No. 20U61275 Gross Vehicle Weight 0(KG)

TRANSMISSION 5 Speed Manual Petrol Exported No

DATE OF REGISTRATION: 01/08/2001 Non EU DVLA Import Marker No

CO2 RATING Scrap Marker No

Click here for the CO2 Vehicle Excise Duty Band

Recorded against VRM

Recorded with NORTH HERTS CREDIT COMPANY

Phone No 01462 499512

Description VAUXHALL ASTRA COUPE BERT

Reference H006678

Type Hire Purchase

Date 07/09/2006

smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

WOW - Thanks for that.

I doubt the Police would be interested as the bumper already has some marks. Just cannot believe the guy just looked at me and drove off with his girlfriend sitting beside him.

Maybe he was scared you might beat him up or something. Or maybe he was just a general scumbag runaway...Grrr

this was hatfield, so yes he was probably scum smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

deffo report him and get him done, get the petrol station to provide the evidence - they will have it, they have cameras covering all the pumps!

his girlfriend might not have even seen it...

She may not have seen it, but i'm sure she felt the bump when they hit the Micra. Will call the credit company first and if no joy speak to the Police.

go to the police anyways - its classed as criminal damage - but get the vid from the petrol station smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

I doubt the Police would be interested as the bumper already has some marks. Just cannot believe the guy just looked at me and drove off with his girlfriend sitting beside him.

I don't think its so much the damage done but the fact that it was a hit and run that the police would be interested in?

Edited by Dan_F

I called the Finance company this morning and they are passing on my mobile no. to their client, otherwise I will get the Police involved.

Love to see the guys face when he gets the call from his finance company ohmy.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":o" border="0" alt="ohmy.gif" />

find out where he lives. go round there one night and spray the whole car in pink with a flower (dont have to have a lot of detail) then write on his drivers door. "sell the car and buy some glasses you blind C***".

then run down the road laughing like a small child at xmas.

i think that would do the trick lol

Edited by lupo_1.0

Lol, you ever thought that the plates could have been fake and off another car exactly the same i mean you are in Hatfield and its full of scum, and if it was the lupo we could of all gone on a big man hunt, imagine his face when he sees thousands of lupos chasing him to the end of the earth. thinking about it that would be amazing a thousand lupos chasing a vauxhaul off the planet, i could see a trend coming on laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

my aunt got hit by a hit and run driver and the police paid them a visit, she got the repair costs and nothing else was done (apart from a caution, which was fair enough, the woman who hit my aunt was old and disabled), worth it so you dont have to pay them at least, at most they may charge him with something. so go for it!

my aunt got hit by a hit and run driver and the police paid them a visit, she got the repair costs and nothing else was done (apart from a caution, which was fair enough, the woman who hit my aunt was old and disabled), worth it so you dont have to pay them at least, at most they may charge him with something. so go for it!

Pete although that is a fine idea, check out my post above, i think it sounds better biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

find out where he lives. go round there one night and spray the whole car in pink with a flower (dont have to have a lot of detail) then write on his drivers door. "sell the car and buy some glasses you blind C***".

then run down the road laughing like a small child at xmas.

i think that would do the trick lol

Lol, you ever thought that the plates could have been fake and off another car exactly the same i mean you are in Hatfield and its full of scum, and if it was the lupo we could of all gone on a big man hunt, imagine his face when he sees thousands of lupos chasing him to the end of the earth. thinking about it that would be amazing a thousand lupos chasing a vauxhaul off the planet, i could see a trend coming on laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

You guys must be on the herbal indian pipe

Edited by RallyeBaz

Received a call last night from the guy who hit the Micra. He was Polish. States he works long hours and was very tired and unaware he damaged the Micra. Only became aware after checking his front bumper yesterday.

Relieved his wallet of £50 to repair the car.

Thanks again guys.

Thats a good result mate, if it will cover the cost of your damage that is, it was good of the finance company to get him to ring you aswell. Sh*te excuse from him though! biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

Edited by Adam

Sh*te excuse from him though! biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

Too true, if he was that tired to not of noticed hitting something - should he have been driving at all?

Too true, if he was that tired to not of noticed hitting something - should he have been driving at all?

You were lucky, there's a Polish chap were I work who drives around in a renault clio with no brake pads!!

The other day, there was a clang and 2 pads, worn down to bare metal, fell out of his front r calipers, and he drove around nottingham for 5 days without replacing them!!! wtf.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":wtf:" border="0" alt="wtf.gif" />

Thats a good result mate, if it will cover the cost of your damage that is, it was good of the finance company to get him to ring you aswell. Sh*te excuse from him though! biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

Will cost a tenner to put right with some touch up paint.

I'm sure the last thing the finance company wanted was for their client to get in trouble with the Police, get kicked out the country and defaulting on their loan.