Lupo GTI Turbo conversion

Tigz™

seen you mention raven blue thats really nice...

That might be nice and cool on a non GTi shell. Would make people look twice. Standard colour, but a twist!

R

raven blue would indeed look nice - i would say stick with an oem colour thats in the range now so that you can still live with it in years to come... subtle is the way to go imo andi.

cant wait to see this little beasty back on the road! wub.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":wub:" border="0" alt="wub.gif" />

Engine bays painted, GTI engine going in next week smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

What colour is the bay?

Good choice made. shades.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":shades:" border="0" alt="shades.gif" />

grey.......who the feck would paint a lupo grey rolleyes.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" /> laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

cant wait to see this little beasty back on the road! wub.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":wub:" border="0" alt="wub.gif" />

Thanks mate, Im so excited.

Its now four year old and has spent longer off the road than it has on it!

Roll on completion day. If by a small miracle I am free then I would love a road trip up when you go to collect it.

WoW that is some project dude smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Fair play!

shades.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":shades:" border="0" alt="shades.gif" />

wave.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":wave:" border="0" alt="wave.gif" />

• 3 weeks later...

Can't believe I've missed this thread!! great project thumbsup.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumbsup:" border="0" alt="thumbsup.gif" />

If you haven't chosen the color already how about Aviator Grey from the tt range.

Thanks mate.

I've chosen Nimbus grey, with the scrict instruction that if I call him and tell him I want to change my mind to completly ignore me!

Spoke to him yesterday when I got back from Spain, the engine bay is cleared out and cleaned ready for paint.

The Polo GTI clutch has been fitted and the 1.4 gearbox has fitted perfectly which is a relief.

The painter is back from his hols on Tuesday so next week the 'bay will be painted so the engine can be fitted.

How about a dark aubergine colour...
I've chosen Nimbus grey, with the scrict instruction that if I call him and tell him I want to change my mind to completly ignore me!

I've told him to ignore what I told him last time and let me change my mind.

Realised just how close the colour was to Mitchs car and think I may get bored of it after a while any way.

Going for Silvers' suggestion!

Definitely the right decision not to go with nimbus even though it's a nice colour.

The Aubergine on mk2 g60's is a nice colour. Royal blue on the g60's is another good one, looks nearly black but really nice when the sun hits it.

I like that Aviator grey too, thinking about that for my tin top mk1. cool.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="B)" border="0" alt="cool.gif" />

• 1 month later...