Lupo twin 24V V6

Petar

• Replies 570
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great job. could you add weights to the shift rods to make the change smoother if it is abit notchy??

Exactly what I was thinking. The GTi has a giant wedge shaped counter weight to make the change smoother!

Great job. could you add weights to the shift rods to make the change smoother if it is abit notchy??

No need for that. I already have OEM weights on both gearboxes. Gearchanges are a little harder than with one gearbox. It's smooth enough, but whit running engines gearchanges will be much easier and smoother :)

No need for that. I already have OEM weights on both gearboxes. Gearchanges are a little harder than with one gearbox. It's smooth enough, but whit running engines gearchanges will be much easier and smoother :)

Cool, cant wait to see this Little beast in motion!!

and when the night fall's

my lonely heart call's

wooooo

oh i wanna dance with somebody

woop

nice background music

car's coming on well :)

Last year I bought these clocks

P5240008.jpg

But I decided that they not siut my car so today I bought some better quality clocks :)

P1100234.jpg

Last number on speedo looks too optimistic for now :D

P1100235.jpg

2x water temp and fuel level

P1100237.jpg

P1100238.jpg

Fuel level sender

P1100242.jpg

P1100241.jpg

2x water temp and fuel level

P1100237.jpg

Petar, get used to seeing the fuel gauge in that position :mrgreen:

What will the fuel tank capacity be, and also your expected range?? Living life "a quarter mile at a time" :clap:

I thought you may have bought rev counters with a higher range than 8k rpm - once it's up & running & you get used to it, I would expect no less than some major engine mods to be done by yourself requiring at least 9k rpm :cheeky:

Excellent engineering work all round, really looking forward to seeing it run. I've seen several twin engined autocross Mini's, they were pretty nippy too although nothing compared to the work you've put into this.

:thumbup:

Steve

Petar, get used to seeing the fuel gauge in that position :mrgreen:

What will the fuel tank capacity be, and also your expected range?? Living life "a quarter mile at a time" :clap:

I thought you may have bought rev counters with a higher range than 8k rpm - once it's up & running & you get used to it, I would expect no less than some major engine mods to be done by yourself requiring at least 9k rpm :cheeky:

Excellent engineering work all round, really looking forward to seeing it run. I've seen several twin engined autocross Mini's, they were pretty nippy too although nothing compared to the work you've put into this.

:thumbup:

Steve

I will have two 20L tanks behind seats. That is 40L, enough for 100km on foll throttle :D

8k rpm rev counters are enough because one day I will put turbos on Lupi (not N/A tuning)

;)

Im still amazed you've undertaken such a huge project. Cant wait for the finished article.

PS. 43 users are viewing as of this post!

Edit: Now 50!

Edited by Ramirez

• 2 weeks later...

that engine has been in and out more times than i care to remember :lol: , petar , i just wish i had half the skill you do so i would have the guts to do some of the work you do ... cant wait to see the lupo running :D