I want my lupo back.

bossjohnc

I'm a bit bored, so I thought I'd share.

My lupo went in to VW on September the 6th for a faulty (read destroyed) gearbox, and a belt/tensioner/waterpump change. I had all the parts for the service, and they actually had the gearbox in stock, great! Shouldn't take more than a few days!

The gearbox is under warranty.

Whilst taking that out, they somehow also noticed a problem with the cat - it had collapsed apparently. Ever since I've had that car, the exhaust has been sootier than other GTIs I've seen, and I think this is why.

On the plus side, it did seem to pass the MOT emissions tests with a collapsed cat, and this would probably also explain the 1 or 2 BHP it's always been lacking on rolling road days compared to other GTIs.

The cat is also covered by warranty, however there were no cats in the UK. I'm pretty sure they had to actually make it and ship it over! Anyway, that arrived last week, and then they realised they were missing some brackets, of which there were also none. So hopefully they'll be here on Friday or early next week wacko.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":wacko:" border="0" alt="wacko.gif" />

So it's been almost a month driving my caddy, and not much else (apart from the new TT for a little while of course).

Oh woe is me!

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

nope

shades.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":shades:" border="0" alt="shades.gif" />

another first possibly

smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

I booked my car in for a remap today. As well as complaining to Skoda about my flaking paint.

I just thought I'd share.

smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Share some more (assuming it's the Skoda)... Where and what are you aiming for? I'm not interested about the paint though, sorry.

Edited by IDGM

nope

shades.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":shades:" border="0" alt="shades.gif" />

another first possibly

What is it?! What is it?!? Do tell!!

Edited by lupodave

nope

another first possibly

8 litre from a Viper laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

...and this would probably also explain the 1 or 2 BHP it's always been lacking on rolling road days compared to other GTIs.

When the cat collapsed on my Ibiza the poor thing would barely move, max speed was 40mph!! laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

i know how you are feeling bossjohn! - when mine was in getting the box striped down and repaired they had it for over three weeks.

....only i had to do with going back and forwards to work on a push bike!! blush.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

I don't know. You common VAG drivers, moan moan moan. wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

Blah blah blah.

BTW, those little orange things are call INDICATORS, just in case you forget.

tongue.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

Yes, and I'd need to pay £10/day to cover the insurance.

That makes around £300 and counting. No thanks.

In fact thinking about it, the warranty people should pay for a courtesy car, but I have the van and it saves the hassle - I think I'd have to pay out and claim back.

I'm a bit bored, so I thought I'd share.

My lupo went in to VW on September the 6th for a faulty (read destroyed) gearbox, and a belt/tensioner/waterpump change. I had all the parts for the service, and they actually had the gearbox in stock, great! Shouldn't take more than a few days!

The gearbox is under warranty.

Whilst taking that out, they somehow also noticed a problem with the cat - it had collapsed apparently. Ever since I've had that car, the exhaust has been sootier than other GTIs I've seen, and I think this is why.

On the plus side, it did seem to pass the MOT emissions tests with a collapsed cat, and this would probably also explain the 1 or 2 BHP it's always been lacking on rolling road days compared to other GTIs.

The cat is also covered by warranty, however there were no cats in the UK. I'm pretty sure they had to actually make it and ship it over! Anyway, that arrived last week, and then they realised they were missing some brackets, of which there were also none. So hopefully they'll be here on Friday or early next week wacko.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":wacko:" border="0" alt="wacko.gif" />

So it's been almost a month driving my caddy, and not much else (apart from the new TT for a little while of course).

Oh woe is me!

Could be worse. Sheldon could be 'fixing' your gearbox mellow.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":mellow:" border="0" alt="mellow.gif" /> laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> eek.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":eek:" border="0" alt="eek.gif" />

wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

Could be worse. Sheldon could be 'fixing' your gearbox mellow.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":mellow:" border="0" alt="mellow.gif" /> laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> eek.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":eek:" border="0" alt="eek.gif" />

He'd probably make a better job.

they charge you £10 a day!! WHAT... i had to put just a single £10 down to have my courtesy car until they had finished what they were doing...!!

are you sure!! thats ridiculous!

It depends on the company running the dealership - Abridge VW got taken over a while back and changed some of the rules...

You can have a courtesy car, but you need to pay for the insurance - £10/day.

They'll call you a cab, but you're paying.

Other things too, to cut costs... (can't really remember). I won't be buying VW next time.